Another disturbance in the Force approaches in the sequel to 2019’s Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. The Star Wars Soulslike is back, bigger and better than ever. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is out today on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC.
Five years after the events of Fallen Order, Cal Kestis is still on the run from the Empire. Surrounded by some old friends and some new, he gets word of a planet hidden and uncharted plane that may be the key to starting a new life free from persecution and Order 66. Can you help him find it?
Cal is armed with all his abilities from the first game and plenty more new ones, making him a very powerful Jedi Knight. Choose from a whopping five lightsaber stances as you take on old enemies and new across some familiar Star Wars locations, and plenty of new ones to explore.
The new area of Koboh for example has a bar in the centre that acts as your new hub area. Fill it with those you find on your adventures and take advantage of the many activities they can provide. Take in a spot of gardening, shopping and much more. Just don’t forget your primary objective in a game that fleshes out what came before in Fallen Order.
Don’t believe us that it could expand on the previous game. Check out our review for Star Wars Jedi: Survivor right here.
With such a highly anticipated release, it goes without saying nowadays that there are more than one version to choose from. The Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Standard Edition is on the Xbox Store priced at £69.99, with a 10% discount for EA Play and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscribers. The Deluxe Edition is priced at £89.99 but comes with a few extras:
- The Galactic Hero Cosmetic Pack
- The “Scoundrel” Cosmetic – Get decked out in this cosmetic inspired by the most recognized rogue in the galaxy, Han Solo™.
- The “Rugged” BD-1 Cosmetic – Gear up BD-1 in this tough and sturdy rig that will ready him for any adventure.
- The “DL-44” Blaster Set – Arm yourself with one of the most iconic blasters in Star Wars history.
- The New Hero Cosmetic Pack
- The “Rebel Hero” Cosmetic – Evoke the heroism of Luke Skywalker™ with this outfit modelled after his iconic yellow jacket worn in STAR WARS: A New Hope
- The “BD-Astro” BD-1 Cosmetic – Outfit BD-1 in this ensemble inspired by the most famous astromech in the galaxy, R2-D2™.
- The “Rebel Hero” Lightsaber Set – Equip a lightsaber modelled with elements from all of the lightsabers wielded by Luke Skywalker throughout the original trilogy.
Let us know in the comments below if you will be picking this one up.
The story of Cal Kestis continues in Star Wars Jedi: Survivor™, a third person galaxy-spanning action-adventure game from Respawn Entertainment, developed in collaboration with Lucasfilm Games. This narratively-driven, single player title picks up five years after the events of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order™ and follows Cal’s increasingly desperate fight as the galaxy descends further into darkness. Pushed to the edges of the galaxy by the Empire, Cal will find himself surrounded by threats new and familiar. • Continue Cal’s Journey – No longer a Padawan, Cal has come into his own and grown into a powerful Jedi Knight. The Dark Times are closing in – with enemies new and familiar surrounding him, Cal will need to decide how far he’s willing to go to save those closest to him. • Go Beyond Your Training – The cinematic combat system returns with additional Force abilities and new lightsaber fighting styles. Creatively leverage all these abilities and weapons to strategically take on an expanded host of enemies, sizing up strengths and weaknesses while cleverly utilizing your training to overcome your opponents and solve the mysteries that lay in your path. • Explore an Untamed Galaxy – Discover new planets and familiar frontiers in the Star Wars galaxy, each with unique biomes, challenges, and enemies. Master new skills, equipment, and abilities that will augment the ways you explore, fight, and roam. With larger areas to explore and more to discover off the beaten path, players who adventure beyond the horizon will find hidden rewards.