Looking for a modern take on the classic sandbox experience? American Fugitive will be bringing just that when it releases on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC this May.
Releasing from the shackles of the development team at Fallen Tree Games and their publisher Curve Digital, American Fugitive will be left to face the public when it drops on to current consoles and PC in May, with a week of releases coming about as follows…
- PC, PlayStation 4 (May 21)
- Nintendo Switch (May 23)
- Xbox One (May 24)
Coming in at £17.99, $/€ 19.99, American Fugitive will throw us into 1980s mid-America within a sleepy rural town, as you take control of Will Riley. By no means a killer, but no angel either, you face life in prison for a crime you didn’t commit. But fuelled by grief over the cold-blooded murder of your father, and armed with a burning desire for vengeance you’ll need to break out of jail to find the real culprit. In other words – It’s payback time.
With Fallen Tree Games previously having worked on the likes of TimeSplitters, Crysis and Goldeneye 007: Reloaded, hopes are high for American Fugitive and the fast-paced action, 3D visuals and destructible environments that it holds within. Drop some dramatic storytelling, epic car chases and a whole ensemble of characters who are happy to offer players perilous missions and a chance to set things right, and the hype begins to get real.
Key features include:
- A mature action game based on an original story – Unravel a plot of mystery, deception and corruption, full of twists and turns, inhabited by a motley cast of law-breakers and law- enforcers.
- A massive open-world environment – Explore Redrock County, a beautiful and vibrant slice of 80s rural north America, on foot or by car.
- Choose the life of a felon – Rob houses, steal cars, arm yourself to the teeth. Just don’t get caught!
- Pedal to the Metal – test yourself against time trial challenges and stunt jumps dotted throughout the world, using any of the numerous vehicles.
- A wealth of activities – Undertake jobs for the criminal underworld, uncover hidden stashes, loot houses, stick up stores, fence fine art, eat donuts and more.
Excited for the upcoming launch, Lewis Boadle – art director for Fallen Tree Games – had this to say: “Having just returned from a round of press events and game conventions, we’re buzzing with excitement after seeing how much fun people were having with American Fugitive! Gamers were having a blast causing absolute carnage on the poor residents of Redrock County! We can’t wait for you to get your hands on American Fugitive so you can create your own unique chaos (and find justice for Will, don’t forget!).”
Make sure you check out the announcement trailer below and keep an eye out for American Fugitive when it releases on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC in May. We’ll be sure to remind you once the Xbox release is here!