It can be very difficult to sum up something so complex as a video game in one sentence. That being said, have you ever wanted to parkour as a spider, wield a lightsaber, and destroy your mates? Yes? SpiderHeck is the one for you!
Now available on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC, releasing day-one onto Xbox Game Pass, SpiderHeck sees you settle down with up to three mates (either online or locally) and equip your very own lightsaber, preparing for some of the most fast-paced, action-packed arcade gameplay to hit your screens since the likes of Overcooked!. Arachnid experts among us will understand just how your spiders will be shooting webs across the neon-lit landscape, swinging across the map in order to close the gap to others, or to evade lethal strikes.
That’s where the parkour element comes in, but it’s no good without a smattering of weapons to kill your pals with. Alongside the classic sabers are ranged weapons such as rocket launchers, and grenades to sling too. I can imagine a well-placed grenade toss into the path of an opposing spider will be oh-so-sweet. Add to this power-ups such as stronger legs for higher jumps, greater aerial control and enhanced explosion-resistance, and you can understand why developers Neverjam state that SpiderHeck is easy to pick up, but fiendish to master.
If the standard PvP fare isn’t for you, then you can team up with friends in the PvE mode, seeing you dice up the enemy hordes.
A more complete list of features at launch (according to the Steam page) include:
- Single or Multiplayer PvE – Take on the enemies in single-player or local multiplayer chaos for up to 4 players.
- Local Multiplayer PvP – Duel to the death against your friends to see who will become champion of the SpiderHeck arena.
- Easy to Pick Up – Simple, intuitive controls that will have you swinging around like the spider swordmaster you are destined to be in no time.
- Hilarious physics-based combat – Watch in delight as your friends pull off the ultimate parkour feat, before catapulting themselves face-first into the lava.
- Incredible acrobatics – spiders react dynamically to the carnage, resulting in a range of badass and hilariously clumsy moments.
- Choose your Weapon – A wide range of weapons to destroy your enemies with.
- Level Up – Utilise perks to upgrade your gameplay.
SpiderHeck is now available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4, PC and Switch. To pick up a copy on Xbox, you can do so over on the Xbox Store for £12.49. Remember that the game is available on Xbox Game Pass, also. Now to send out those invites!
Spiders With Laser Swords! SpiderHeck is a fast-paced couch co-op brawler where spiders dance to the death in the grip of chaotic battles using laser swords, grenades and even rocket launchers to defeat their foes. Challenge yourself by fighting wave after wave of vicious enemies in endless hours of single-player fun, or let the mayhem begin in a dazzling fight against your friends taking on the enemies in PvE; stab, sling, and scramble your way to victory in this silly spider showdown.