Hitting the court and becoming a bit of a baller with NBA 2K21 is nothing new, after-all the game released on Xbox One, PS4 and PC back in September. But if you’ve been keeping up with the game you’ll have known that 2K have big plans, looking to pull off the biggest three-pointers with the next-gen. And as Xbox Series X|S rolls out, and PS5 slowly draws onto the horizon, NBA 2K21 ensures that everything is game, with a whole set of new features and ideas that are only capable on the newest of consoles.
Available right now on Xbox Series X and soon on PS5 is NBA 2K21 Next Generation – and as the name suggests, if you’re playing on a newer console, this is the version you’ll want to hit up. Why? Well, how do next-gen visuals and realism, lightning fast load times, an arena full of life and smoother, tougher, more precise gameplay elements sound?
Good eh, but that’s just the start of the next-gen goodies for NBA 2K21. Priced at £64.99, or available as part of the Mamba Forever Edition for £84.99, NBA 2K21 on Series X|S and PS5 promises to push the power, speed and tech of next-gen forward, with additional modes and features too.
“In a year unlike any other, I’m incredibly proud of the team at Visual Concepts for delivering the most authentic, immersive and visually stunning NBA 2K game we’ve ever made,” said Greg Thomas, president of Visual Concepts. “From the introduction of the completely customizable MyNBA franchise mode, to the expansion of the WNBA experience, and even the return of affiliations, we developed the details of 2K21 with the express purpose of celebrating our community by giving them the industry’s best sports sim.”
- Next-Gen Advancements: Next-Gen Graphics, Next-Gen Realism – Experience the NBA game with an enhanced level of realism and immersion possible only on next-gen gaming platforms. The dynamic new Rail Cam presentation transports the player to the hardwood floors, providing a full view of the game and highlights the incredible visual fidelity of the players and arena;
- Lightning-Fast Load Times – By utilizing the built-in solid-state drives (SSDs) of the next-gen consoles, NBA 2K21 now features incredibly short load times that get players directly into the action;
- The Arena Comes to Life – Step into a living, breathing arena with the all-new Lower Bowl presentation. Experience the sights and sounds of the arena floor and crowds powered by more than 150 AI characters: on-camera interviews from reporters, interactions between fans, vendors going about their duties and much more;
- Smoother, Tougher, More Precise – Huge next-gen improvements across all aspects of gameplay blur the line between game and reality. Control the arc of your shot or the pace of your size-ups, execute step-back threes with new foot planting technology, twist and turn in mid-air with the new Impact Engine and more. Feel the game’s collisions and new energy/fatigue system on the new DualSense™ controller for the PlayStation 5, made possible by its adaptive triggers and haptic feedback features.
That’s just the start of it though and further features and modes will be delivered, stuff like…
- Welcome to the City – Leave the Neighborhood; enter the City. A map that is many, many times larger than previous Neighborhoods, a towering Event Center for all basketball activities and multiple districts and factions, the City invites you to live out a much-expanded, more seamless basketball life – possible only on next-gen gaming platforms;
- Introducing the W – Greatly expanding on the WNBA experience introduced last year, The W is the first-ever WNBA MyPLAYER experience for the NBA 2K franchise. Create your own fully customizable WNBA player and take her through a pro career featuring all 12 WNBA teams and the league’s brightest stars. Experience the thrill of competition and go head-to-head in The W Online, featuring intense 3v3 MyPLAYER competition set on a beautiful new court exclusive to the game mode;
- Your Own Basketball Journey – Take your MyCAREER destiny into your own hands with all-new player choices and dynamic career paths. Start your budding basketball career in high school, get the full four-year college ball experience in one of 10 authentic US universities or head to the NBA G League;
- Revamped League Management with MyNBA and MyWNBA – This is your NBA and WNBA, and this is your franchise mode, with an unprecedented amount of control over every aspect of the game. Expand your custom NBA league to 36 teams or reduce it 12, watch and control player growth through the boom/bust system and share your setups and scenarios with the community;
- Industry Leading In-Game Soundtrack – The largest and most definitive collection of music ever assembled in NBA 2K, with more than 350 tracks available to players throughout the life of the game.
“We’re so excited to help usher in the next generation gaming experience on launch day,” added David Ismailer, president at 2K Games. “NBA 2K21 is a true next-gen title, built from the ground up to take full advantage of the revolutionary power of the new consoles. The experience our community will have today, was built with them in mind, and a desire to bring the best, most immersive and realistic experience yet to our fans.”
NBA 2K21 is the latest release in the world-renowned, best-selling NBA 2K series. 2K21 leads the charge with next-gen innovations, while continuing to deliver an industry-leading sports video game experience on the current generation of gaming platforms. With extensive improvements upon its best-in-class graphics and gameplay, competitive and community online features, and deep, varied game modes, NBA 2K21 offers one-of-a-kind immersion into all facets of NBA basketball and culture – where Everything is Game.