Once upon a time, at least six months ago for instance, it was all the rage to be found running a cyberpunk route. But then things went awry, Cyberpunk 2077 utterly failed to live up to the hype of most talked about game ever, and the whole scene began to die down. But that’s not stopping PQube from muscling in on the idea once more, delivering players the chance to take in a cyberpunk fuelled world of Quantum Replica.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation, alongside a Steam release which has been a good few years in place, Quantum Replica has been developed by those at On3D Studios, before being picked up by the PQube team to find release on console.
It’s priced at £9.99, and only £6.49 on PS4, and should you decide to jump in feet first will find yourself thrust into 2084. It is here where the Syndicate rules over matters, with citizens and humble beings living in utter fear of a merciless army and their paymasters. Things have to change.
You come in as ‘Alpha’ a vigilante unaware of the past, before taking on an adventure that verges on the ultra-fast, on the stealth, and on the premise that exploration is good. With no less then five controlling districts to jump and grind through – each of which comes with their own unique defenses and challenge – a ton of enemies to go up against and the chance to fight back against the Syndicate for humanity’s sake, it seems like there should be lots to like about Quantum Replica.
Key features of Quantum Replica include:
- – Ultra-fast stealth adventure – which blends classic Metal Gear style cat-and-mouse espionage with neon-infused, time-bending cyberpunk action! Pounce from the shadows and manipulate time to take down enemies and avoid security undetected.
- – Play as ‘Alpha’, a fugitive on the run, with no recollection of your past. It’s up to you to infiltrate a shadowy government organisation to reclaim your memories and spark rebellion in a city firmly under the boot of the state.
- – Explore a cyberpunk world for clues about your past. Unlock a range of weapons, gadgets and abilities, which can be used to remain undetected, overcome security and deal with increasingly challenging enemy encounters.
- – Comprising of 5 distinct districts, each with their own unique challenges and environments. From gritty streets and rooftops patrolled by state police, to high-tech installations with tight security – keen reflexes and sharp wits are needed to stay one step ahead of the enemy.
- – Face off against tough bosses and enemy encounters in each district. With a flexible arsenal of gadgets and time-bending abilities, find unique strategies to take them down your own way.
- – Quantum Replica boasts a haunting dystopian vision of the future, with the dark streets of the totalitarian state punctuated by stylish neon visual effects to accompany the high-speed stealth and action gameplay.
Our full review of the game on Xbox should be with you in the days ahead so keep an eye out on it if you wish to know more about how this cyberpunky world plays out. Should you be sold on the subject matter though, it’s a simple case of making moves to the Xbox Store or PlayStation Store. Of course, PC through Steam is another viable option. Let us know which version you decide to pick up.
It’s 2084, and the world bows to a ruthless corporate alliance known as the Syndicate. Under the flickering neon lights of an endless metropolis, citizens scratch out a living, fearful of mercenary armies and their faceless masters. Here, secrets are buried bitter and deep. Secrets that you must find. You play as ‘Alpha’, a vigilante with no recollection of your past.