Should you wish to take the standard Metroidvania genre, and drop in a load of rats, what do you get? Well, a ratoidvania styled affair of course. And that is exactly what will be coming about when Curse of the Sea Rats comes to Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and Steam – with the game shown off beforehand at Gamescom.
Coming from the Barcelona based indie team of Petoons Studio – they behind Petoons Party – the hand-drawn animation experience that is Curse of the Sea Rats will be found dropping on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC in 2021.
In order to show the game off to the largest number of gamers, the team will be taking it to Gamescom 2019, allowing gamers on all formats the chance to check out the exploration-focused, side-scroller role playing game that sees a group of heroes transformed into rats by a pirate witch. It’ll be up to you to rescue the Admiral’s son and break the magic spell!
“Curse of the Sea Rats is part of a transmedia project including an animated series, comic books, and toys”, says Sergio Garcia, CEO at Petoons Studio. “The game will become the first metroidvania starring rats.”
Curse of the Sea Rats promises to come with plenty of features too, with 4 playable characters, 11 different scenarios, beautiful hand-drawn animations and a twisting plot all in palce. Throw in single player and multiplayer modes, and you’ll fast realise that this non-linear quest set in Ireland 1977 will be one to keep an eye on.
- Packing all of the best features you’ve come to know from the Metroidvania genre into a single game starring rats!
- Investigate 11 different scenarios in a non-linear quest set in the coast of Ireland in 1777.
- 4 playable characters, local multiplayer mode, jam packed with weapons and special abilities to upgrade.
- Beautiful hand-drawn animation with 2.5D graphics: 2D models crafted on a 3D game environment.
- Story cut-scenes and NPC interactions fully voice acted by a professional cast.
- Rich twisting plot set in a breathtaking lush-color fantasy style.
- Suitable for every audience: from the casual to the hardcore gamer.
- Try completing 100% of the quest or speedrun to the end of the game.
- New DLC’s and free updates planned to engage our fans.
We’ll be sure to keep you up-to-date with the development process of Curse of the Sea Rats on Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC as the months progress. If you’re at Gamescom though, make sure you hunt it down.