It’s been sat in Xbox Game Preview and Steam Early Access for more than two years, taking that time to morph and evolve into a full gaming experience. Yep, it’s now time for the Dwarven miners of Deep Rock Galactic to break out on Xbox One and PC. And they are even found utilising the power of Xbox Play Anywhere for good measure.
Having first hit Xbox Game Preview and Steam Early Access in the early months of 2018, Ghost Ship Games and Coffee Stain Publishing have chosen now as the time to deliver mad mining mayhem to Xbox One and PC players.
Version 1.0 of Deep Rock Galactic is here to enjoy, and if you are gaming on Xbox One or PC then the opportunity is there to enjoy some glorious Xbox Play Anywhere action, with those preferring the Windows Store route to Steam given the chance to play on a variety of devices.
So what is Deep Rock Galactic? Well, it’s primarily a 4-player cooperative experience in which you take a team of Dwarven miners down to the core of a planet, with the express intention of digging, exploring and grabbing a ton of loot in the process.
With fully destructible environments that you can work as you see fit, the caves you find yourself frequenting – and creating – are however full of nasties, with many enemies ready to ensure your journey through the procedural madness is a tough one. Thankfully you can fight back – but only by working as one and ensuring your team has a well-worked class system, will success be found.
Features of Deep Rock Galactic include:
- *** 4-player Co-Op *** Work together as a team to dig, explore, and fight your way through a massive cave system filled with hordes of deadly enemies and valuable resources. You will need to rely on your teammates if you want to survive the most hostile cave systems in the galaxy!
- *** 4 Unique Classes *** Pick the right class for the job. Mow through enemies as the Gunner, scout ahead and light up the caves as the Scout, chew through solid rock as the Driller, or support the team with defensive structures and turrets as the Engineer.
- *** Fully Destructible Environments *** Destroy everything around you to reach your goal. There is no set path so you can complete your mission your way. Drill straight down to your objective or build an intricate network of paths to explore your surroundings — the choice is yours. But proceed with caution, you don’t want to stumble into an alien swarm unprepared!
- *** Procedurally Generated Cave Network *** Explore a network of procedurally generated cave systems filled with enemies to fight and riches to collect. There’s always something new to discover and no two playthroughs are alike.
- *** High-Tech Gadgets and Weapons *** Dwarves know what they need to bring to get the job done. This means the most powerful weapons and the most advanced gadgets around – flamethrowers, gatling guns, portable platform launchers, and much, much more.
- *** Light Your Path *** The underground caves are dark and full of terrors. You will need to bring your own lights if you want to illuminate these pitch-black caverns.
After gaining update upon update through its time in Game Preview, Deep Rock Galactic is now in a place to go live with version 1.0, providing gamers with a host of brilliant mining opportunities. If you have previously purchased the game from the Xbox Store and helped the development team shape things for the better, then you’ll now discover the full version is yours.
If not, then well, there are options available! The standard edition of Deep Rock Galactic will set you back £24.99, yet it is the Ultimate Edition which is the most intriguing. For £41.74 this delivers not just the base game but also the Supporter upgrade (individually priced at £12.49), the Dark Future pack (£6.69) and the Megacorp pack (£6.69). This trio of content beauties provide additional armour pieces, custom badges, new helmets, further paintjobs and more. If you’re serious about your mining, this is the pack for you.
Let us know if you’ll be going deep with Deep Rock Galactic on Xbox One or PC. And make sure you keep an eye out for our full review in the days ahead.
Supports Xbox Play Anywhere: yours to play on both Xbox One and Windows 10 PC at no additional cost. Deep Rock Galactic is a 1-4 player co-op FPS featuring badass space Dwarves, 100% destructible environments, procedurally-generated caves, and endless hordes of alien monsters. Hoxxes IV has the highest concentration of valuable minerals ever discovered; however, everything on the planet from the creatures to the fauna is extremely hostile. Good thing Deep Rock Galactic employs the best space miners in the universe: Dwarves! Combining two things Dwarves love most – mining and killing monsters – Hoxxes is the perfect job for any proud, space-faring Dwarf.