A twin-stick roguelite platformer, Revita has previously popped up on PC and Switch, gaining some decent acclaim. Now it’s time for that game to allow Xbox and PlayStation players the chance to defeat, heal and ultimately, sacrifice.
Available right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, as well as on Nintendo Switch and PC, is Revita. A twin-sticker that comes from the creative mind of BenStar – one Benjamin Kiefer – along with their friends at Dear Villagers (they recently behind Souldiers), Revita will have you attempting to work your way through a clocktower, taking on a series of procedurally generated stages full of foes and challenge.
Why? Well, your main goal is to uncover the lost memories of the nameless child of which you play, if only so they can try and understand who and where they are. The thing is, throughout Revita you’ll be constantly teased by the offer of exchanging your all-important health for some all-important upgrades. Which way will you run?
“Since launching Revita on Nintendo Switch and Steam last year, the reception has been overwhelmingly positive so bringing the game to PlayStation and Xbox was the natural next step”, said Benjamin Kiefer aka BenStar, developer of Revita. “We can’t wait to share the unique arcade-inspired twin-stick experience with fans of the genre on these consoles!”
“Revita offers a truly unique and immersive experience that brings this arcade roller coaster ride to your living room, and we’re so excited to bring that to the new generation of consoles this year,” said Guillaume Jamet, Head of Publishing for Dear Villagers. “With the procedurally generated rooms and vast customization options, playthroughs are thrilling and challenging, and never feel the same!”
The key features of Revita are…
- Trade life for power – Exchange health for power in fast-paced glass cannon gameplay
- Unique runs – Battle through an almost infinite variety of combat encounters in procedurally generated rooms
- Endless character builds – Twin stick shooting, dashing and wall sliding are just the beginning – find power-ups and items on each run
- Tweak your game – An extensive set of options lets you tweak Revita to your playstyle – slow down time, set an outline colour for enemies to make them easier to track, or choose the level of aim assist that feels right for you
- Arm yourself with multiple weapons – Use a variety of guns! Arm yourself with a laser gun, charge gun, machine gun, shotgun, or rocket launcher.
- A mysterious world – Explore an underground subway line infested with monsters and filled with colourful characters who will help you on your journey.
- Reclaim lost memories – A nameless child with no memories awakens in a mysterious Clocktower that is connected by a metro system with only a vague sense of purpose, hoping to find answers at the top.
Get yourself over to the Xbox Store in order to pick up Revita on Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S. It’s on PlayStation, PC and Switch too. Expect to pay around £14.24.
Keep an eye out for our review. The accolades trailer below should give more insight.