The first expansion pack for Destiny has been announced by Activision and Bungie….we’ve also got a date for you!
Destiny Expansion 1: The Dark Below will release on December 9th 2014 and features all new weapons and gear, a new story and co-op and multiplayer activities. Unfortunately for Xbox owners, part of the expansion will be a timed Playstation exclusive. The co-op Strike, The Undying Mind doesn’t look to be available on Microsoft’s finest for nearly a year.
Can’t win them all though I guess!
Destiny Expansion I: The Dark Below will feature the following:
- New weapons, armour and gear to earn, including Legendary and Exotic items
- Light Level cap raised to 32 and five additional Bounty slots added
- New story quests and missions – after years hiding amongst the Hive shadows, a new character, Eris, has come forth bearing an ominous warning: The Hive seek to summon a god, Crota, to destroy the Earth. Find Erisin the Tower to take on special quests that include three new missions where you will increase your Light and earn new rewards
- New co-operative Strike, The Will of Crota, pits you and your Fireteam against Omnigul as she works to expand the Hive army at the command of her master,Crota
- Three new competitive multiplayer arenas; Pantheon – set deep within the Black Garden in an ancient Vex temple that features Vex-designed landscapes and tight corridors, Skyshock – an old interplanetary defence array that offers both vehicle and infantry engagements, The Cauldron – an abandoned Hive ritual site that offers close-quarter combat
- New six-player Raid, Crota’s End, set deep within the depths of the Hellmouth
- PlayStation platforms will also get access to an exclusive co-operative Strike, The Undying Mind and an exotic weapon, and more (timed exclusive until at least Autumn 2015)
You’ll be able to purchase The Dark Below on Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4 for £19.99 or of course as part of the Destiny Expansion Pass which is currently retailing at £34.99.
Going to be picking it up? Let us know in the comments below.