After missing out on the original Dragon Quest Builders, with PlayStation and Switch exclusivity holding Xbox players back, Dragon Quest Builders 2 looks to buck the trend with release on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox Play Anywhere AND Xbox Game Pass. Basically, if you’ve got an Xbox, Square Enix’s sandbox action building role-player can be yours to enjoy!
Available to purchase and download right now, or available as a free Xbox Game Pass title, Dragon Quest Builders 2 comes to Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S after a few years kicking around on the Nintendo Switch and PS4 scene.
Priced at £44.99, Dragon Quest Builders 2 will see you given the opportunity to take in a block building RPG that is delivered via a fantasy land. The problem is this world is under treat by a big bad cult, one that is determined to take down any and all creators. You’re here to showcase your building skills and escape from all evil.
Taking the Dragon Quest series to new levels, Dragon Quest Builders 2 will allow you to utilise all your skills in order to become a master Builder. And nope, there won’t be an ounce of LEGO in sight!
With a storyline to enjoy, a ton of building and creation combinations to utilise, a huge world to explore and many characters to chat to, whether you have previously played Dragon Quest Builders on other formats, or are coming in fresh, this is sure to delight. It’s helped along by the fact that this version that is hitting Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S comes for free through Xbox Game Pass, and can be played on PC thanks to the power of Xbox Play Anywhere.
Oh, and it hits Xbox with additional packs included – Hotto Stuff Pack, Modernist Pack, Aquarium Pack, Designer’s Sunglasses, Historic Headwear, Dragonlord’s Throne, and more!
- Block-building RPG – Prove yourself as a Builder and a Warrior, help the people of the realm to rebuild their destroyed lands. Prepare for a cure of creativity and friendliness!
- Creative open-world – Construct big structures in this fantasy block world with a large variety of options.
- Explore, gather, and craft – Each island contains its own set of unique materials to help you grow, craft, and cook new creations.
- Battle fearsome foes alongside your partner – Accompanying you on your quest is the mysterious Malroth, an aggressive amnesiac with a fondness for fighting foes.
- Dash, swim, and glide across an expansive world – Run across open fields and explore charming villages, treacherous mines, and spectacular castles.
- Plant, water, and grow! – Work together with your villagers to till soil, plants seeds, and raise a multitude of crops.
- Design and Build with Friends Online – Big projects require big help! Up to 4 players can team up online to build anything you can imagine on the sandbox Isle of Awakening.
If you’re looking for a new adventure to take in, either alone or with up to 3 other friends, Dragon Quest Builders 2 will allow for it. Get yourself over to the Xbox Store and take home a download right now.
Keep an eye out for our full review too – it’s coming real soon.
DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™ 2 is a block-building RPG set in a fantasy land threatened by an evil cult. Explore, battle, create and harvest in the charming single-player campaign or build big projects in the online sandbox mode for up to 4-players.