Did you love Pang? Were you a fan of Buster Bros? You’ll probably love Spheroids…and it’ll be coming to a gaming device near you soon.
Eclipse Games have today confirmed that Spheroids will be coming to Xbox One, Wii U and Win10 from the 5th Jan 2017. That will then be followed up on PS4/Vita come 10th Jan with a 3DS version arriving later still.
Inspired by the likes of Pang, Spheroids brings in proper platforming mechanics to the genre as you take charge of Lucas, a jumpy Canadian boy who sets out on an adventure with his crazy scientist companion Otto after it’s discovered that the government has been hiding alternative universes from the cubic world they live in. Unfortunately, these alternative universes contain spheres that wish to turn everything round, so it’s up to Lucas to save the world from these dangerous aliens: the Spheroids!
If we’re being honest, we’re quite looking forward to checking it out and will be sure to bring you more as we have it. For now though, the features include:
- Platformer with unique gameplay mechanics
- Story mode comprising of 32 levels in 8 different locations
- Great variety of enemies and gadgets to use against them
- Unique art-style that mixes pixel art with vector graphics
- Original soundtrack adapted to the 8 different locations in the game