It seems fitting for the time of year that a ghost hunting game is on its way to the next generation. Will you take on a bit of Extreme Exorcism?
Indie devs Golden Ruby Games and Ripstone Publishing are teaming up to bring Extreme Exorcism to Xbox One, PS4 and PC some time in 2015.
You’ll get to take on the role of exorcist Mae Barrons who goes about the job of exorcising in a slightly different way to the norm. The cross, holy water and Bible are put to one side and Mae instead relies on swords, guns, grenades, mines, rocket launchers, lightning spells and more. It’s a little unconventional to say the least!
Have you ever felt an eerie presence in an empty room? You’re not alone but Mae Barrons will soon be here to help!
- Story mode covers the ten areas of the haunted mansion culminating in a boss fight and playable both in solo form and co-op
- Comprehensive local multiplayer: non-stop ghost annihilation for up to 4 players
- Customizable death match mode – change the weapon set, how ghosts spawn and the abilities they possess
- Online leaderboards allow you to compare your scores with the wider world
- Challenge mode: specific rule setups that encourage extreme play
Mike Christatos,Founder & President of Golden Ruby Games reckons it’s a ‘devilishly difficult action platformer’. We like the sound of that.
We’ll let you know as soon as a date, price and all that gubbings is available.