Having launched earlier this month, the Crossroads Inn Kickstarter crowd-funding campaign has reached and slightly surpassed the halfway mark of its total goal. Will you be one of many to help this fantasy tavern simulator achieve the funding it needs to become a reality on Xbox One, PC and Mac?
Developed by Kraken Unleashed, an in-house studio of Klabater, Crossroads Inn has been launched on Kickstarter in order to expand the scale of what is an ambitious project; one that combines the management sim and RPG genres in an attempt to create a unique blend like no other. Crossroads Inn sees the player take on the role of a young lad, who begins a career as a sidekick in the tavern at the meeting point of three eternally divided kingdoms in the realm of Delcrys. The whole land is rumbling about the sudden death of King Owen and the protagonist himself is soon entangled in the political intrigue of the upcoming election of a new successor to the Throne.
Patryk Pietraszkiewicz, studio head and the originator of the project had the following to say about the genre mix in Crossroads Inn:
“I love simulators, but I’ve always missed the storyline, some captivating story. By creating Crossroads Inn we would like to fill this niche and creatively combine popular tycoon mechanics with adventurous and role-playing elements. The enthusiastic community response is a confirmation that there is a growing demand for such a production.”
It’s set to offers three different modes: Campaign, Sandbox and ‘predefined scenarios’. The Campaign will allow you to experience a non-linear adventure with RPG elements, in which the commercial decisions made by players will be widely echoed, thus arousing the interest of powerful forces on the political scene of Delcrys. The Sandbox mode will mostly likely appeal best to fans of simulation games as it focuses on the managing of your own business and developing the inn. Where the predefined scenarios differ entirely is that they are a list of specific challenges for you to overcome with certain conditions to be met.
Here’s a full run-down of Crossroads Inn’s main features:
- Real-time management sim and RPG in one!
- Three completely different game modes: an epic Campaign mode with a non-linear story, nearly endless Sandbox mode dedicated to hardcore sim fans, and predefined scenarios
- A dangerous political climate with feuding factions and powerful organizations with which you are free to align yourself with or work against them
- Once in a lifetime culinary adventure! Discover recipes, create new dishes and serve varied menus to different social groups
- Original soundtrack composed by talented team under supervision of Marcin Przybyłowicz (the composer and music director known for The Witcher 3:The Wild Hunt, among other titles)
- The expanded in-game culinary recipes prepared by well-known Nerd’s Kitchen, along with a fully developed nutritional system created to influence relationship with different guests and fractions
For Crossroads Inn to come to fruition on Xbox One, PC and Mac, Klabater are hoping to raise £22,956 via Kickstarter and, at the time of writing, have so far garnered £13,094 towards it.
Should you wish to support the Crossroads Inn Kickstarter campaign, there are a whole load of perks for pledging that are very appropriately named. For $20 (roughly £15), the Liquor Connoisseur pledge sees you receive a digital copy of the game, the original soundtrack, a digital artbook, a ’Thank You’ in the credits, and a few other little rewards. There’s even an Innkeeper King pledge of $995 or more that gets you a ticket to Gamescom/PAX and a dinner with the team, which is very cool.
With funding ending on 14th March, 2019, every pledge – no matter how big or small – counts in helping to ensure this campaign for the fantastical sim Crossroads Inn is a success!