It may still be a couple of months before 2K release WWE 2K18 to the masses, but it is today in which they’ve chosen to reveal details regarding the features which will be included. There’s a fair amount of new stuff coming our way too!
Due for release on Xbox One and PS4 come October 17th 2017 (with early access players getting in four days earlier), WWE 2K18 promises to be the biggest and best WWE title to date. To help it accomplish that feat, 2K are adding in a number of features, with the following now all confirmed…
- Creation Suite: The Creation Suite gets even deeper, including a new Create-a-Match feature and improvements to Create-a-Superstar, Create-an-Arena and Create-a-Video;
- MyPLAYER: A new MyPLAYER experience introduces fighting styles and a brand new upgrade and progression system;
- MyCAREER: A brand new MyCAREER experience incorporates a new story and a free-roaming backstage area that enable MyPLAYER characters to interact with other WWE Superstars and help direct the narrative;
- Road to Glory Mode Debut: An all-new mode lets players compete against others, using their MyPLAYER characters, in a quest to qualify for WWE pay-per-view events;
- New Graphics Engine: New visuals deliver spectacular new lighting, more realistic skin and new camera effects;
- New Commentary Team: Introducing the trio of Michael Cole, Byron Saxton and Corey Graves;
- Core Gameplay Additions and Improvements: A host of additional improvements will make WWE 2K18 the most comprehensive and realistic WWE game to date.
With a new visual engine and the commentary team detailing all the in-ring action, we can be sure that WWE 2K18 is going to appeal to both wrestling fans and those who look on from a distance. We’ll be able to get a deeper insight into the game when the new 2KDev Spotlight Series, hits the airwaves from Thursday, July 13. It’ll provide additional information and a behind-the-scenes look at what goes into making a WWE 2K game.