We had massively high hopes for Poker Club upon launch at the back end of 2020, but if truth be known, the original base game came up short, losing all its chips thanks to some slow play, bugs, glitches and lack of features. Now though it’s time for Poker Club to go big on the River as the latest update hammers home a number of new, super exciting features.
Available today for Poker Club players to embrace no matter whether they are dropping the chips on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 or PC, The River update for the game brings forth a host of features, tons of content and begins to lay the foundations for the future of how the game will sit at the table.
Poker Club has been designed from the ground up to be the ultimate community focused poker experience and with The River update, it looks like Ripstone may finally be on the track to success. You see, it not only gives players the tools to build their own community, to win in featured tournaments, or to bring groups of friends together for a big poker night, but it also adds further features and a fresh new visual look.
Each and every month Poker Club players should now expect to be seeing new content, tournaments, features and quality of life improvements dropped in to Poker Club as it evolves with its community. For now that focuses on a brand new venue – The Manor House – the opportunity to take in what Ripstone are detailing as ‘Poker Nights 2.0’ and to enjoy a new streamlined UI. Further, updates to the AI and leaderboards have hit home, as has improved matchmaking, whilst exclusive community events will deliver a host of prizes the way of the very best poker players.
Full details of all these are as follows…
- Brand New Venue: The Manor House will be available as a new locale to play in. Fashioned after classic British stately homes complete with polished wooden interiors, dark leather furniture and subtle mood lighting, it exudes understated elegance.
- Poker Nights 2.0: Hosting your ultimate Poker night couldn’t be easier. The River will give host players more control and customisation over their private multiplayer matches, including spectator options. Gathering the whole crew to the table will be hassle-free with the new invite code system and full support for platform friend lists on Steam and Xbox (and coming soon to PS4 & PS5).
- Streamlined UI and UX: During play, expect to see a much more stream-lined TV-style experience that clearly displays pertinent information about your hand and your opponents, without getting in the way of your immersion at the table. It’s now easier than ever to invite friends to a table too – you can do it from the pause menu overlay or even select an empty seat at a table and invite them to join you.
- Exclusive Community Event Prizes: Starting with our Golden Decade event, there’s never been a better time to get involved in the Poker Club community and have the chance to show off your love for the game with special gear! Community events like tournaments will now include special prizes and content like exclusive custom trophies, new outfits and table accessories. Setting up your own community is easy and using apps like Discord allows for great engagement outside of the game, with Ripstone empowering new communities with exclusive rewards.
- Gameplay Upgrades: Besides the headline features, there’s a huge amount of other additions such as new updates to AI, refined player labelling, leaderboard updates, improved matchmaking in the single-player tour, graphical upgrades and performance improvements to make Poker Club the ultimate simulation of poker.
- More every month: Since the game launched late last November, the team has been hard at work bringing updates to the game every month. The Poker Club community on Discord has been a driving force for each update, providing feedback and requests that have directly been incorporated into the updates for the game. Players can expect continued updates in the future, and the team is looking forward to further expanding the experience to make Poker Club the #1 poker community on consoles and PC.
If you’re considering visiting the Poker Club once more, you should well find these new improvements rolling out right about now. Let us know what you think once you’ve gone hands-on. The trailer below will give additional insight.
And if you’ve never paid the club a visit, you can download Poker Club from the Xbox Store for Xbox One and fully optimised for Xbox Series X|S. It’s also available on PS4, PS5 and PC, whilst it’ll launch on Nintendo Switch later in the year.