This weeks GRID: Autosport focus is set firmly on the Endurance races found in game.
Endurance races are some of the most exciting you’ll find with cars flying around in the dead of night, full beams ablazing, spending hours upon hours of pounding the track. Obviously some of it doesn’t quite translate so well to the gaming scene and so Codies have limited the race length to around 40 minutes. No-one wants to sit there for 24 hours at a time, do they?
The Endurance modes in GRID: Autosport will see the following features:
- Large grid sizes (up to 16 cars offline, 12 players online)
- Long, high speed races featuring tyre wear (up to 40 minutes long)
- AI run multiple strategies
- Cars of similar or pre-defined specification
- Sports tuned vehicles with lots of grip
- Practice, Qualifying and Race format
- Rolling Starts
- Focus on night time races
Codemasters have also spilled the beans on the cars you are likely to find in the Endurance section and we’re pleased to see that there will be something for everyone; classic fans and speed freaks will be more than happy!
- AUDI R8 LMS Ultra
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
- Aston Martin N24 V12 Zagato
- McLaren 12C GT3
- Nissan 2008 (R35) GT-R Nismo GT500
- Honda HSV-010 GT
- Lola B12/80
- Shelby Cobra “Daytona” Coupe
- Ford GT40 MK1
- Mazda 787B
GRID: Autosport will be out on Xbox 360 on June 27th.