Just a week ago we saw the world of Path of Exile expand on PC, with the introduction of the Harvest expansion. Today, that exact same addition comes to Xbox One and PS4 – and if you’re a fan of the game, you aren’t going to want to miss this one.
Grinding Gears’ free-to-play Path of Exile has consistently provided gamers with opportunities beyond their wildest imaginations. First released way back in 2013 as a PC only affair, the move to Xbox One and PS4 in 2017 was a masterstroke, tripling the player base as it arrived. It’s most definitely a game that garners much love from many corners of the gaming community, and the arrival of the Harvest expansion is set to cement that love.
Path of Exile: Harvest introduces players to an Oshabi who has enlisted your help in cultivating the Sacred Grove, an ancient garden of mysterious powers. Seeds can be planted within this grove and when ready to harvest, will produce dangerous monsters. It will then be up to you to slay these monsters in order to wield their Lifeforce as a powerful crafting resource and to help other exotic crops in their growth. Do so and you’ll be granted a bountiful harvest which can then unlock powerful crafting options that are unmatched by any past expansion.
“One of our favorite aspects of the Harvest League is its crafting system,” said Chris Wilson, Co-founder and Managing Director of Grinding Gear Games. “We have really leaned into designing a crafting system which is much more powerful, accessible and unique than any we have made before. We can’t wait to see how Path of Exile players push the potential of Harvest’s powerful crafting to its limits.”
Path of Exile: Harvest Key Features Include:
- Download and play all content for free, but never pay-to-win.
- The Harvest Challenge League and its powerful crafting system.
- Four new Warcry skills, and a rework of three existing ones.
- Three new Brands, one Brand support gem and revamped existing brands.
- New ‘Slam’ skill category including a news Slam skill and support gem. Revamps to existing slams.
- Dynamic rebalance to existing gameplay.
- Improvements to over 50 unique items as well as 12 new ones.
- A Passive Skill Tree revamp
- Delirium core game intergration
If you’re down with the online action RPG goodness that Path of Exile delivers, and fancy getting involved in this ripe Harvest, then you should well be finding the update available now on Xbox One and PS4. If it’s not, you can be sure it’ll be making its way to you imminently. Of course, you can also find the Path of Exile: Harvest over on PC.