It’s been available on Nintendo DS for nearly 10 years, but now the quest of Lock is coming to a whole new audience – Xbox One, PS4 and PC gamers!
Arriving as a fully ‘mapped’ title for Xbox One, PS4 and PC in April 2017, Lock’s Quest is the latest entry to THQ Nordic’s meaningful asset-program – the MAP. It’ll feature a brand new progression system that automatically unlocks new turrets at specific points in the story, fully remastered music with an orchestrated intro and ending, a revamped UI and controls alongside the now standard visual upgrade.
You will play as Lock, a young boy who stumbles upon an invasion of his Village, triggers in turn a wider war between Kingdom Force and a revived Clockwork Army, led by the nefarious Lord Agony. A gripping story unfolds as you progress through 75 Days of warfare, across a dozen unique maps, aided by a collection of turrets, traps and special attacks.
“We had the great opportunity to work with people from the original development team of Lock’s Quest, and things clicked right off the bat”, comments Reinhard Pollice, Business and Product Development Director at THQ Nordic. “It is one of those hidden gems and a fan-favourite, so when things fell into place, we quickly decided to do this.”
“I always felt Lock’s Quest deserved a multi-platform release, and it’s exciting to help that vision come to pass all these years later”, added Digital Continue Co-Founder & CEO, Joseph M Tringali. “The incredible pixel style translates well to console, and we were fortunate to include many high-resolution assets that weren’t in the original. It was great to work with a partner like THQ Nordic, who understands and respects the creative process, and was dedicated to both preserving and enhancing this fan favorite.”
- Place Kingdom Force units to defend your capitol in a brand new Endless Mode – Antonia Defense!
- Build up your fortifications each day to defend against a timed Clockwork assault. Use dozens of Turrets, Traps and Helpers to stop the advance.
- Adapt your building and battling strategies as you access new materials and as your enemy’s intelligence evolves
- Fight alongside your defenses, using context sensitive Special Attacks, and devastating Super Attacks, which impact a wide range of enemies.
- Unlock the secrets of Kingdom Force and the Archineers via an engrossing story with a multi character cast, told via hand drawn cinematics and cut-scenes.
We’ll let you know when the nailed down release is confirmed, but should you have been taken by Lock’s Quest back in the day, then you really should be interested in what is to come.