There are no shortage of train driving options or hardcore simulators for gamers to enjoy. But now there’s another, one that spans both genres and gives the railway enthusiast the opportunity to fully immerse themselves in everything that is required of an everyday train operator. That game is Metro Simulator and it’s available right now on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
Available to purchase and download from the usual digital stores for Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch right now, Metro Simulator will see you placed in the role of a train driver; an everyday person who thousands rely on for their commute to and from work and home. It’s a job that is one of the most important in keeping the world revolving, and it’s one that you’ll want to be taking in.
Priced at £16.74 on Xbox One, £15.99 on PS4 and £17.99 on Nintendo Switch, Metro Simulator promises to be the most immersive game yet as you head to Moscow’s subway system – and the last time we did that in Metro Exodus, things were VERY different – and control the trains just like you would in real life. We’re guessing it’a a bit like heading to the London Underground in Dovetail Games’ Train Sim World 2, just a little more hardcore.
You’ll find yourself utilising the controls as you would imagine – accelerating, braking, opening doors, switching cameras and setting car functions along the way. You’ll also need to plan your trips and routines, taking care of your passengers at every turn.
But that’s not all and if you prefer to kick back and let others do the hard work, you can become a passenger yourself, taking in the stations, trains and depots that are present.
The key features of Metro Simulator on Xbox, PlayStation and Switch include:
- Realistic driving experience: Control your train like in real life. Stations and tunnels are recreated with all routes, gradients and curves.
- Interactive traffic light system: plan your route and get to your destination on time.
- Intelligent passenger flow system: your passengers react to arriving trains, board, find a seat and get ready to board and disembark.
- Time of day: Stress during the day – calm at night! Your passenger rush varies depending on the time of day.
- The most beautiful stations in the world: It’s waiting for you!
- Varied daily routine: Perform various tasks in different scenarios, follow the instructions of the dispatcher and react to events such as people falling on the tracks.
- Free game mode: Choose your own route and determine the starting station, the time, the timetable.
Keep an eye out for our full review of Metro Simulator on Xbox soon too.
Attention – the train is now arriving at platform 1! You are the train operator and thousands of people rely on you every day on their way to work or home. Take this unique chance to experience Moscow’s subway systems in a whole new way! You control the train just like in real life: Accelerate, brake, open doors, switch cameras, set car functions and many other tasks! Take on the role of a passenger and visit stations, trains and the depot. Will you rise to the challenge and take control deep under the metropolis? Your passengers trust in you, get them to their destination safely and on time!