It’s that time of year and as the Halloween scares start to kick in, Wales Interactive hit back with a new FMV horror experience, detailing and dating their found-phone title, Simulacra.
Coming to Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch come 3rd December 2019, Simulacra comes about via a collaboration between the FMV kings at Wales Interactive and the Malaysian game devs, Kaigan Games.
Running as the spiritual successor to the viral found-phone horror game, Sara Is Missing, Simulacra is the follow up title which has gone down superbly on Steam, picking up a 96% positive review status since release in October 2017. Now though, it’s all set to hit the console landscape with full controller support and additional touchscreen options for Nintendo Switch.
Simulacra sees you having found the lost phone of a woman named Anna. In it, you see a desperate cry for help in the form of a video message. The phone behaves strangely as you dive deeper into it. You talk to her friends and they have no idea where she is. Her texts, emails and photo gallery provides fragments of information. It’s up to you to piece it together.
Expect to be tasked in recovering lost files, piecing back corrupted data, and retracing the final steps of Anna, finding her before it’s too late.
• Explore a fully realised world through the lens of a mobile phone.
• An expansive narrative with hours of gameplay that leads to 5 possible endings.
• A unique gameplay experience within a dating app, a social media app, a web browser app and more.
• Filmed with live actors and an extensive VO cast.
• Solve the recurring image and text decryption puzzles to learn more about Anna’s story.
Are you ready for a new FMV adventure? Does the horror angle sell it to you? Have a watch of the trailer below and then hold tight for that 3rd December launch on Xbox One, PS4 and Nintendo Switch. We’ll be sure to remind you when that date comes along.