The release of Dreamfall Chapters is just around the corner and today Red Thread Games and Deep Silver have released a brand new trailer – one which explores the fascinating and diverse worlds that form the game.
Due for release across Europe on May 5th 2017, Dreamfall Chapters follows the tale of two heroes as they set out to restore the balance between two worlds. Set as a 3D adventure you’ll get to check out a dark cyberpunk vision of our future, and its complete oppostie – a magical fantasy realm.
You’ll be sent on a journey across both worlds in an attempt to save the very fabric of reality from falling apart, in what promises to deliver a mature, emotional, dark, magical and heart-breaking adventure that will take players by surprise.
With both an Xbox One and PS4 release set, you’ll find that both console versions will come with numerous enhancements including reworked character models, improved animations, lightning, and special effects. Additionally an expanded in-game soundtrack will be in place.
In case you’re unaware of what Dreamfall Chapters will bring, a roundup of the key features is as follow:
- GRIPPING STORY: Experience a deep and emotional storyline with over 100 fully voiced characters in EN and DE and continue the epic saga of The Longest Journey
- FAR-REACHING DECISIONS: Shape the story and the course of your journey through your choices and actions, and live with the surprising and sometimes devastating consequences
- EXCITING EXPLORATION: Delve into over 50 beautifully crafted locations, exploring each of them using the direct control interface.
- DIVERSE WORLDS: Explore beautiful, rich, detailed and original worlds that combine a stunning cyberpunk vision of our future with magical fantasy, along with a broken and decaying dreamscape
- THREE PLAYABLE CHARACTERS: Play as three different characters, all on journeys across worlds, through life, and into their own hearts and souls.
- CHALLENGING PUZZLES & RIDDLES: Solve the completely plot-driven puzzles and riddles which are an integral part of the game’s narrative.
- ENHANCED ON CONSOLES: Enjoy the definitive experience of Dreamfall Chapters on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One with reworked character models, improved animations, lightning, and special effects plus an expanded in-game soundtrack as well as improved sound-effects.
Keep an eye out for Dreamfall Chapters releasing at the start of May but for now, make sure you hit up the trailer below…if only so you can get some sense into what it’ll bring!