You may think that The Escapists 2 will just see you tasked with escaping from your usual bog-standard prisons. Well, today it has been revealed that you couldn’t be further from the truth as a number of the additions will come with some pretty unique twists.
Revealed today is a new trailer for The Escapists 2 – one that focuses on the new transport prisons which will be included in the game.
Team17 and Mouldy Toof Studios have decided that it would be ‘fun’ to have three of the ten prisons which are included in the game to be a little different to what we would expect. The three in question are in fact transport prisons, ensuring that inmates – including yourself – will need to act quickly, employing stealth skills effectively in order to escape the new timed scenarios.
Details of each are as follows:
- Cougar Creek Railroad – Locked up on a hurling train chugging across the Cougar Creek Railroad, you and the vultures overhead know what fate awaits once this train reaches the end of the line. If you plan to see another sunrise you’d better disembark by whatever means necessary.
- H.M.S Orca – Onboard the H.M.S Orca you’ll find a pity of prisoners who are being shipped off in droves to a remote island far, far away from civilization. Not keen on being marooned, you’d much prefer to find a way off the boat before you stand about as much chance as a fish out of water.
- Air Force Con – Meanwhile in Air Force Con, you better fasten your seatbelt! Only the most hardened of criminals get an entire plane during the escort phase. One thing’s for sure though – it’s a one-way-ticket, so you’d better act fast before landing.
If you thought you learnt everything in The Escapists 1 and were ready for a bit of an easier time with the sequel, then you can think again for these prisons look to shake things up even more than the usual new features which will had already been looking forward to.
The Escapists 2 features:
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including 3 transit prisons
- Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players*
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- A brand-new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
- Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
- New ways to escape
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!
The Escapists 2 will be arriving on Xbox One, PS4 and PC come 22nd August 2017. A Nintendo Switch version will follow at a later date. Whichever format you are going to go with, just make sure you check out the latest trailer below.