You may be familiar with Dandy Ace, for just over a year ago it was present as part of the ID@Xbox Summer Game Fest Demo event, kicking around with 70 other titles, all vying for your attention. Now though Dandy Ace hits the big time with launch on Xbox, via Game Pass and on Nintendo Switch.
Available to purchase and download right now, Dandy Ace from Neowiz is part action RPG, part roguelite – if you’re at all familiar with either of those genres, you’ll be right at home here.
Priced at £16.74 or playable for free through your Game Pass subscription, Dandy Ace will test both your gaming and magic skills as you join the titular Ace and attempt to survive the challenges put towards him. You see, Ace is trapped in an ultra-lavish, ever-changing palace, one full of weird creatures and outrageous bosses, forced towards him by the Green-Eyes Illusionist, Lele.
It’ll be up to you to help Ace utilise the power of magical cards, allowing for more than a thousand possibilities as you begin to work your own playstyle and skills. With fast paced action promised, roguelite elements in play, and the chance to create your own super powerful builds at will, Dandy Ace seems a highly intriguing prospect.
The key features in summary include:
- Rogue-lite experience: Try, die and try again until you beat the Green-Eyed Illusionist with the replayability and adrenaline of a rogue-like with permanent upgrades that make you stronger as you progress further with each run.
- 2D isometric fast-paced action: with lots of challenging but fair combat engagements. Battle your way through bizarre creatures and outrageous bosses while building up your own arsenal of magic.
- Create your own builds: Combine cards with more than a thousand possibilities, each with its own gameplay style and powers.
- Challenges of the ever-changing palace: Explore the extravagant and lavish aesthetics of the game through the nonlinear progression of the palace, fighting off unique enemies and bosses, on your quest to defeat Lele and escape the cursed mirror.
- Twitch Mode for Livestream Shenanigans: Call upon your stream viewers to provide aid, or hinder your progress in this Twitch-enabled game mode that lets Twitch audiences call the shots inside the Cursed Mirror.
We’re on the Dandy Ace review train already and will be sure to drop you our thoughts as to how this plays on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S very soon. Whilst you wait for that, you may as well go and grab a download from the Xbox Store – making the most of that Xbox Game Pass subscription you love. You’ll also find it on Nintendo Switch whilst a PlayStation version is still in development.
Let us know what you think of this one by dropping in to the comments.
Dandy Ace is an over the top fast-paced roguelike experience that follows a fabulous magician seeking to combine and use his magical cards while fighting and looting his way to defeat the Green-Eyed Illusionist, Lele, who has imprisoned him in a cursed mirror. While battling your way through Lele’s ever changing palace, combine different cards with more than a thousand possibilities, each with their own playstyles and powers. Every run provides new challenges and combinations for players to explore as they progress closer to Lele. Play as Dandy Ace, the amazing hero, and survive the challenges of the extravagant, lavish and ever changing palace created to defeat him filled with bizarre creatures and outrageous bosses. Find all of the magical cards, gather shards and gold, and get help from his assistants and unconventional allies.