It was back in February when we first head of Rigid Force Redux, with the teams at com8com1 and Headup Games hyping up the announcement of ther R-Type inspired SHMUP. Today, just a few months later we see that game arrive, and if you’re ready to battle it out against huge swarms of enemies, wish to utilise some of the most hardcore weaponry and reckon you can hold your own in the toughest of fights, then Rigid Force Redux on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch looks set to be your next addiction.
Priced at £16.74 and available for digital download right now from the Xbox Store and Nintendo eShop, Rigid Force Redux promises to deliver new life into the old classic genre, taking the usual horizontal side-scrolling SHMUP action and mixing it with modern 3D visuals, some stunning environments and a superb soundtrack.
First hitting Stem as Rigid Force Alpha, Rigid Force Redux is the improved console edition of the game, one that will no doubt appeal to the PC players who previously went hands on, and those just looking for a new intense fix. With the promise of smooth 60 FPS gameplay, improvments to the difficulty balancing, and overhauled graphics, effects and UI, and there is certainly much to love about the launch of Rigid Force Redux on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. That is no more true when you take into account the upgradeable weapon systems, and the variety of mission modes including both an Arcade and Boss Rush.
● Classic side-scrolling shoot’em up action with modern 3D graphics
● Smooth 60 FPS for fluid gameplay
● Unique weapons and power-up systems inspired by the genre classics
● A wide variety of enemies, challenging mid-bosses and enormous end bosses
● An exciting story mode with animated cutscenes
● Six different action-packed 3D stages
● Additional Arcade and Boss Rush game modes for extended high score runs
● Adjustable difficulty levels — for beginners to shmup masters
● Improved UI and visuals, including a brand new character design by Manga Artist Damurushi
● Leaderboards and 40 unlockable achievements with brand-new full-screen illustrations
● Original synthwave soundtrack by DREAMTIME featuring Michael Chait
Sold on the prospect of throwing countless hours into a new fun shooter? You’ll find Rigid Force Redux up and available at the usual digital stores. And you’ll find our own thoughts concerning the Xbox One version of the game coming your way soon too. Keep an eye out for our full review.
Classic shoot’em up action in modern 3D! Blast off and take down hordes of infected aliens and dreadful machines programmed on waging an intergalactic war against mankind!