If you’re a fan of the railways, then there are many games available for your playing pleasure, with both Train Sim World 2 and Railway Empire providing altogether varying experiences. But there’s now also another option to hand, that of Train Station Renovation.
Available to purchase and download on Xbox right now, Train Station Renovation from Ultimate Games is a world away from the finest of details found in those other previously mentioned railway experiences, instead opting to let you specialise in restoring old railway stations.
Yep, you read that right – the latest train based affair to hit Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S will see you spending time doing up old ruined train stations, fixing them up, making them look smart and bringing them back to the glory days of the railroads. It all certainly feels much more House Flipper and Demolish & Build than allowing for the fun that Train Sim World provides, but if that is of interest, you can discover your calling right here.
Priced at £13.24 Train Station Renovation will have you playing things out as a renovations company that is specialising in restoring railway stations – it pretty much does as it says on the tin in that respect. Throwing you headlong into numerous abandoned stations, starting from the smallest rural delights before moving up to sprawling mega-stations, you’ll need to clean, fix and then decorate them as you see fit. Do well, and well, we guess you’ll move on to the next, repeating the process forevermore.
There are a host of features included in Train Station Renovation, but we’re loathe to really call them exciting. For instance, the difficulty level will all depend on your commitment to the job (and honestly, an hour of cleaning may be all we can take), whilst a variety of tools, a character development tree and detailed 3D modelling will all provide further immersion. There will even be the opportunity for you to get hands on with some actual trains too, instead of just the buildings that they occasionally frequent.
Key features do include:
- Choose how hard you want to work – The level of difficulty depends on the player’s commitment. The game can be very demanding if you decide to complete each stage one hundred percent but it also can be perfect for beginners if you just want to relax while renovating and simply have a good time. In such a case, you only need to complete half the planned tasks to advance to the next stage.
- Quick and easy access to equipment is the key to success – There are many tools and options for repairing and decorating the station. Work with basic items such as paint rollers, spray cans, crowbars and repair wrenches or use your in-game tablet to order new materials and items. Some stations will even allow you to repair and renovate the old trains. This means you will be able to take care of the technical condition of those vehicles yourself.
- Specializations development tree – An aesthetic development character tree t is available. You will speed up your work time at individual stages and elements of the game by upgrading your skills. You will also get new equipment or unlock new options while renovating. If you happen to enjoy some renovation activities more than others, you will be able to upgrade them during your playthrough.
- Renovate and decorate train stations and trains – Detailed and complex 3D models of railway stations allow you to renovate them – from cleaning, painting and to replacing decorations and mechanical elements.
- The economy is very important – A complex economy aspect has been added to the game to increase realism. In addition to money needed to buy new items and repair materials, you can also benefit by segregating waste or completing additional tasks.
- Build your own station – Thanks to the station decoration system, you will be able to create the internal and external appearance of various facilities yourself. You can add benches, vending machines, kiosks, and other items as needed, and place them wherever you want. Thanks to this function, you will quickly turn a dump into a great looking ready for business train station.
We’re not really sure what to make of Train Station Renovation, but we’re certainly willing to give this railway flipper a good go. Keep an eye out for our full review of the game on Xbox in the days ahead.
If you’re immediately sold though, you’ll find Train Station Renovation downloadable from the Xbox Store right now. Let us know if you decide to pick it up.
Welcome to an old, ruined train station. A place that will give you a lot of fun! In Train Station Renovation you play as a renovation company specialised in restoring railway stations. The game is set in abandoned and destroyed train stations, you will start with small rural ones to ease in and eventually be challenged with sprawling train stations in metropolitan areas. The game is divided into 10 maps (stations) which gradually teach you new mechanics and help you manage different working environments. Each station needs to be cleaned, fixed and decorated with items and equipment to bring it back to life.