You needed super quick reaction times back in the ‘90s, when shoot ‘em ups were the flavour of the day. My reactions were never good enough, but I applauded anyone I saw playing them in the arcade. Since then, there haven’t been as many, but what have been have typically been well received. Can this latest one join their ranks? Find out today as Sophstar releases on Xbox, Nintendo Switch and PlayStation.
Soph is a sub-lieutenant in the Galanian army with no memory of how she came into being, nor where she got her powers. Soph has the unique ability to teleport, a mechanic you will come to use plenty of in SophStar. This can help you in a bind by getting out of the way of enemy projectiles or even just giving you a precious few milliseconds to breath.
Sophstar also features:
- Proper arcade 240×320 resolution
- 6 Different game modes
- 8 Stages on Arcade/Story mode
- 60 Stages on Cadet School mode
- 9 ships to choose from, each one with different main weapon, subweapon and teleport. Pick the one that suits you style better or just go the extra mile and master all of them!
- Tons of unlockable features.
- 6 Difficulty levels.
- Different endings depending upon player skills.
- More than 20 bosses/mid-bosses to fight.
Up on the Xbox Store now, Sophstar is priced at £10.74. Stay tuned for our review coming soon but let us know in the comments if you will be picking this one up anyways.
Sub-Lieutenant Soph has lived in Galanian for her whole life, having no memory of when her existence started, and no idea of how she developed her teleporting powers. But after being sent for a recon mission, all of what she knows about herself is about to change. Sophstar is a vertical arcade shoot’em up with heavy inspiration from the best games of the genre from the 90s, while adding new-exciting features and regular game modes for both casual home players and hardcore arcade fans.