It’s been one of the most talked about games in recent memory but finally Rocket League has been confirmed for an Xbox One release and it’ll be dropping with exclusive Xbox related vehicles.
Psyonix have today confirmed that the summers biggest video game hit will be making its way to Xbox One in Feb 2015. Fully optimised for Xbox One, it will contain all the same features, upgrades and content found in the PS4 and PC versions, but will also bring a number of additions, most notably two Xbox One-exclusive Battle-Cars, the Halo “HogSticker,” an alternate version of the famous Warthog Force Application Vehicle, and the Gears of War “Armadillo,” an Armored Personnel Carrier.
For $19.99, the base game will include all three previously-released DLC packs — Supersonic Fury, Revenge of the Battle-Cars, and the newest add-on, Chaos Run, all at no additional cost. The Xbox One version will also include multiple exclusive customization items (details to be revealed at a future date), the same continued support and DLC planned for the other systems, and 44 Achievements for 1,000 GS.
The Back to the Future Car Pack will be included as a day one DLC purchase.
“Our goal with Rocket League is to continually improve, grow, and evolve the game while keeping its core fundamentals in focus,” said Dave Hagewood, Studio Director and CEO, Psyonix. “With our new Xbox One version, fans will not only get some great exclusives and a great value, but also, the kind of multiplayer gameplay that has made Rocket League a great passion for our players and for us.”
The Xbox One version of Rocket League will include:
- Exclusive Battle-Cars: 16 Cars + 2 Xbox One Exclusives (the Halo “HogSticker,” an alternate version of the Warthog, and the Gears of War “Armadillo”)
- Garage Customization items: More than 400 different pieces, including Paint Types, Wheels, Rocket Trails, Antennas, and Toppers
- Maps: DFH Stadium, Beckwith Park, Mannfield, Urban Station, Utopia Coliseum, Wasteland (with multiple variants of most of those maps)
- Multiplayer: 4-Player Splitscreen, 8-Player Online. Ranked and Unranked Play, Special Mutator-Themed playlist(s), Private Match support (with named rooms and optional passwords)
- Game Modes: Exhibition 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, Unfair Mode (1v2, 1v3, 1v4), Offline Season Mode
- More Features: Replay Viewer, Customizable controls, “Mutator” game-variant options (Ball Type, Ball Speed, Boost Strength, Max Score, Match Length, etc., etc.)
We will of course bring you more as and when we have it.