It’s a decent little day for Xbox owners, particularly those who have a valid Xbox Game Pass subscription to their name. You see, not only has the likes of Exo One and Fae Tactics arrived on the scene, but Undungeon is here too – and this one will have you attempting to save the Multiverse, all by shattering the world.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S and PC for £16.74, or freely available through the power of Xbox Game Pass, Undungeon from tinyBuild and Laughing Machines is a highly colourful pixel arted affair; a role player which attempts to harness the spirit of games of yesteryear.
There’s a lot going on in Undungeon, if only as the entire Multiverse is on the edge. Science fiction narratives kick around in the background, real-time battles come to the utter fore and a whole ton of customisation and crafting is available for those looking for it. Throw in some good old interaction with multiple NPCs – all via a system which affects fate – and the slowly crumbling land of Undungeon is one of interest and intrigue.
There’s so much going on that it’s well worth you taking a look at the key features of Undungeon – whether you do that prior to, or as your Game Pass download is moving…
- Colorful pixel art aesthetics – We have invested countless hours in drawing and animating environments and characters by hand;
- Mind-bending science fiction story – A universe of alternate worlds have collided into one, creating a cosmic catastrophe. Unpredictable creatures have suddenly burst forth, tearing apart local settlements of survivors desperately trying to piece together their homes. As a Herald, a being designed to restore order to the cosmos, it is your job to break apart these joined lands, and piece the earth back together once more. Decisions you make during your journey can have enormous consequences on the ending;
- Unique character customization system – Heralds can be altered from the inside out—as players collect not only new equipment and abilities, but lungs, brains and hearts. Loot organs from enemies or craft them from organic matter to give your body various powerful abilities. The Core is the main viral organ of your body you can enhance and customize, allowing for different builds: from recruiting companions to tank to applying DoT/critical damage;
- Crafting system – Deep crafting systems that allow you to disassemble basic materials and create from received resources unique organs, weapons, gear and consumables that will help you to define your unique playthrough;
- Vast open world – Explore distant lands beyond belief and meet their exotic inhabitants—merchants and bandits going about their lives regardless of where you go. You can trade with locals, recruit them to help you in battles, or even destroy their camps.
We’re on the old review train for Undungeon as we speak and will be able to provide some thoughts in the days ahead.
For now though you can get access by hitting up the Xbox Store.
Undungeon is an action role-playing experience that brings back the spirit of old school action/RPGs wrapped in modern design. Restore the order in all dimensions, influence and determine the fate of the worlds, create and decide what will happen in the new Multiverse.