Are you ready to dive into the world of Slavic folktales? Prepared to battle evil forces as you do so? The tactical card-based RPG Black Book is coming.
Arriving out of the Russian Morteshka team, with Hypetrain Digital help promote things to a worldwide audience, Black Book will deliver a dark RPG adventure that has been created on the back of Slavic myths.
Taking part in the Xbox Summer Game Fest Demo event in which you’ll be able to play the prologue of Black Book, before releasing on major platforms – let’s go with Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC – Black Book is a haunting tale of a young sorceress Vasilisa seeking the power of Black Book to revive her beloved one.
When it arrives in Q3 2021, Black Book will see you fighting evil forces in card-based battles and exploring the world around; a world in where humans live alongside mythological creatures. Dive into the cold, yet alluring world of Slavic folktales — and uncover the secrets that hide in the darkness.
There will be 7 chapters to take in altogether as you utilise deckbuilding elements, chat with a variety of companions and take in a haunting tale of myth and mystery, all inspired by Slavic legend.
Key features include:
- Experience a haunting tale of myth and mystery, set in the backdrop of towns and villages of late 19th Century;
- 7 Chapters to get through — each with their own main unfolding narrative and multiple side-stories;
- Battle the evil spirits with the card-collecting, deck-building battle system;
- Meet all kinds of companions on your way through Cherdyn — from a war-battered soldier to a talking cat with a dry sense of humour;
- Recruit demonic forces to your cause and use their power to grow stronger;
- Dive into the world of Slavic legend and folklore, and test your newfound knowledge of its mythology.
If you wish to check out Black Book ahead of launch in Q3, get yourself involved in that Xbox Summer Game Fest Demo event, or wishlist it on PC through Steam.
We’ll be sure to follow with a full launch piece as and when that release date is totally nailed down.