The folks over at developers Doborog have unveiled that their debut title and cult hit on Steam Early Access, Clone Drone in the Danger Zone, is preparing to slash its way onto Xbox, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch this year. The robot antics it delivers are finally going to be launching out of Steam Early Access as a fully-fledged game on PC too.
Since Clone Drone in the Danger Zone arrived via Steam Early Access back in 2017, it’s sold hundreds of thousands of copies and has received swathes of overwhelmingly positive reviews in the process. But what is it? Well, Clone Drone in the Danger Zone is a voxel-based slice-em-up involving robots, where any part of your body can be sliced off – just imagine a fun version of the combat in The Surge. With your human mind downloaded into a robot gladiator, the aim is to survive the sinister trials of the arena and join the human resistance against the evil robot empire. The action can play out across a variety of single player, online multiplayer and online co-op modes.
- Unique Slice-and-Dice Gameplay: Perfectly time every attack in intense physics-based combat where any part of the body can be precisely sliced off, and each hit can mean death
- Surprising Weapons: Equip your robot to fit your playstyle with weapons like flame swords and giant hammers to equipment like jet packs, piston-powered superkicks and flame-throwing dinosaurs
- Single player adventure: Dive into an epic tale of human defiance against robot overlords in story mode or tackle endless and challenge modes
- Online-Coop: Use the power of human friendship (and laser swords!) to survive in the arena
- Online Versus mode: Battle friends in “Last Bot Standing” – A Battle-Royale-like game mode with up to 15 players, or fight in 1v1 duels
- Level Editor: Make custom levels and challenges and share them with other humans! Explore the rich Workshop library of nearly 30,000 awesome human-built levels (exclusive to Steam)
- Entertaining Commentary: With over 38,000(!!!) spoken words, Commentatron and Analysis-Bot provide a running commentary of your performance and react to your activities.
There isn’t a specific date in mind for when players on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch can indulge in the precise slicing and dicing of Clone Drone in the Danger Zone, but it will be some time in 2021. Stay tuned for a more concrete release date!