For many – read: Europe – the season has fast drawn to a close. We’ve had last day drama in England, Spain and Italy, whilst France’s Ligue 1 was all but done before a ball was kicked in anger – we guess that’s what you get when one club dominates with so much cash. But that final week of the European season has ensured new openings for FIFA 22 Ultimate Team players, especially those looking to build out their squads with one last hurrah via the Team of the Week (TOTW) #36.
Team of the Week #36 is, once again, full of stars. We’ve got Son Heung-min finally getting the recognition he deserves, as he shares the Golden Boot spoils with Mo Salah. We’ve also got Jack Harrison popping up, much like he did for Leeds in their successful attempt of staving off relegation, whilst İlkay Gündoğan came off the bench to totally swing the English Premier League in Manchester City’s favour.
In fact, it’s that trio of EPL players who would be at the front of the queue for anyone looking to build a squad this week, well backed up by some European talent – how does a team with Diego Lopez in sticks, with Olivier Giroud and Ángel Di María bagging the goals, sound?
As is normally the case though, there are some lower league players too – Sunderland’s Alex Pritchard stands out with promotion from the third tier.
You’ll find the full list of Starting 11 and Subs in the lists below. Let us know which of these footballing maestros you’ll be adding to your team. You’ll find them available with TOTW badges attached for the next week or so.
- GK: Diego López Rodríguez (86) – RCD Espanyol
- CB: Gabriel Armando de Abreu (86) – Valencia CF
- LB: Andrew Robertson (91) – Liverpool
- CB: Alessandro Bastoni (88) – Inter
- RM: Ángel Di María (90) – Paris Saint-Germain
- CM: Ilkay Gündogan (88) – Manchester City
- LM: Jack Harrison (84) – Leeds United
- LM: Heung Min Son (92) – Spurs
- CM: Sofyan Amrabat (84) – Fiorentina
- ST: Andy Delort (87) – OGC Nice
- ST: Olivier Giroud (84) – Milan
- GK: Alexander Nübel (81) – AS Monaco Football Club SA
- CDM: Diego Demme (83) – Napoli
- ST: Anthony Lozano (83) – Cádiz CF
- ST: Vedat Muriqi (81) – RCD Mallorca
- RB: Cédric (81) – Arsenal
- RM: Irfan Can Kahveci (81) – Fenerbahçe SK
- ST: Rubén Castro Martín (81) – Cartagena
- LB: Marvin Plattenhardt (80) – Hertha BSC
- CM: Valentin Eysseric (79) – Kasimpaşa SK
- CAM: Alex Pritchard (77) – Sunderland
- RB: Brandon Bye (77) – New England Revolution
- ST: Tunde Owolabi (68) – St. Patrick’s Athletic
For those unaware, Team of the Week #36 is the latest in a long line of weekly offerings in which the EA gods come together to give players the chance to add some special players into their Ultimate Teams. Played out via FIFA 22 – and you’ll need a copy of that game on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5 or PC – it’s a brilliant way of injecting a bit of squad management to the usual on-field play.
As always, huge thanks go out to Fifplay for the squad and player rundowns.