EGZ Rezzed in London is very much on the horizon and today the Square Enix Collective have announced they’ll be returning to the show – whilst bringing their largest event line up ever.
After huge success in 2016, the Square Enix Collective will hit Rezzed on the 30th March with seven highly diverse games, as well as a winner of last year’s IndieDB Award.
2017 looks to follow up the Collective’s success from last year, and will see seven new games released, all of which will be playable this EGX Rezzed at the Square Enix Collective booth:
- Black the Fall – Highly atmospheric Communist dystopian puzzle sidescroller
- Oh My Godheads – Hilarious and hectic capture-the-head couch multiplayer
- Deadbeat Heroes – Movement-based 3D brawling crime caper
- Children of Zodiarcs – Deck & dice story-driven, single-player tactical RPG
- Forgotton Anne – 2D cinematic hand-animated adventure
- Tokyo Dark – Point-and-click detective mystery adventure
- Fear Effect Sedna – Pausable real-time tactical action game
You may notice that there are only seven games announced above, and that’s because the Collective will also be providing space for Slime Rancer, a colourful open world, first-person life sim. Although the game isn’t signed to the Square Enix Collective label, it has been selected to be featured at Rezzed all as part of Collective’s sponsorship of the IndieDB Awards in December 2016.
“We have a fantastic line-up of games to bring to EGX Rezzed, including three that will enjoy their first public hands-on”, said Phil Elliott, Director of Community & Indie Development at Square Enix London. “Square Enix Collective exists to champion the indie development community and as such we’re really looking forward to introducing gamers to a variety of great titles across a range of genres.”
If you want to get hands on with the games, and will be visiting EGX Rezzed this year, then you can find all seven Collective games, plus Slime Rancher, playable at the Square Enix Collective booth, in the main upstairs area of the show.