You may well already be sat there enjoying everything that Stardew Valley can bring. In fact, we’d be hugely surprised if you weren’t because it’s been a bit of a smash hit. Now though, those who don’t wish to embrace the digital life can also get in on the action as Stardew Valley will be coming to retail with a Collector’s Edition.
505 Games have today announced a partnership with indie devs ConcernedApe – one which will bring the current digital title, Stardew Valley to a store near you. Arriving in early 2017, the game that has sold nearly 2 million digital units, will soon be flying off store shelves in physcial Xbox One and PS4 fashion.
“We jumped at the opportunity to bring Stardew Valley to our retail partners. As one of the biggest breakout digital games from 2016, we personally love the game and are pleased to be able to share it with a broader physical retail audience as we have with Terraria and Rocket League to great success.” said 505 Games President, Ian Howe.
“In 2016, we helped ConcernedApe release his debut game about life on the farm. With its endearing, familiar characters and charming town, Stardew Valley quickly found a special place in the hearts of over two million players! Now we’re working with 505 Games to bring Stardew Valley to retail shelves, and we believe they’ll be able to produce a physical copy of the game worthy of the Stardew Valley community.” said Molly Carroll, Marketing Manager at Chucklefish.
Stardew Valley see you inherit your grandfather’s old farm plot, before grabbing his old tools, picking up a bit of cash and setting out on a new life. You’ll need to learn how to live off the land and you’ll need to help the once vibrant town lift itself out of the shambles it is in to restore Stardew Valley to previous greatness. But it won’t be easy and you’ll need to dedicate plenty of time to ensure your dream becomes a reality.
If you haven’t played Stardew Valley before, then the features you need to worry about are:
- Turn an overgrown field into a lively farm! Raise animals, grow crops, start an orchard, craft useful machines, and more!
- Improve your skills over time. As you make your way from a struggling greenhorn to a master farmer, you’ll level up in 5 different areas: farming, mining, combat, fishing, and foraging.
- Become part of the local community. Over 30 unique characters living in Stardew Valley, each with their own daily schedule, birthday, unique mini-cut scenes, and new things to say throughout the week and year.
- Explore a vast, mysterious cave. Encounter new and dangerous monsters, powerful weapons, new environments, valuable gemstones and other treasures as you venture deeper underground!
- Breathe new life into the valley. Help restore Stardew Valley to its former glory by repairing the old community center, or take the alternate route and join forces with Joja Corporation.
- Court and marry a partner to share your life on the farm with. There are 10 available bachelors and bachelorettes to woo, each with unique character progression cut scenes!
- Spend a relaxing afternoon at one of the local fishing spots. The waters are teeming with seasonal varieties of delicious fish. Craft bait, bobbers, and crab pots to help you in your journey toward catching every fish and becoming a local legend!
- Collect artifacts and minerals to donate to the local museum.
- Over 100 cooking and crafting recipes. Craft tasty dishes and useful objects like scarecrows, oil makers, furnaces, or even the rare and expensive crystalarium.
- Customize the appearance of your character and house! With hundreds of decorative items to choose from, you’ll have no trouble creating the home of your dreams
If you can wait for that physical release, then do so, but otherwise the Xbox Games Store can sort you out with a digital copy. If you’re wondering how good it is, then we reckon you should check out our full review – it’s coming real soon!