For the thrills it brings, recent year versions of the official video game of the WRC have been a bit disappointing. But now it’s under the EA Sports umbrella, the sky is the limit. Yep, it’s time to take it off-road with EA Sports WRC.
Available right now on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC is EA Sports WRC. The official video game of the FIA World Rally Championship – something that has been under the stewardship of Milestone previously – if anyone can blast the WRC name to the top of the timing sheets, it’s EA.
EA and Codemasters – a WRC dream team
Put together by the Codemasters team (you know a racer is going to be decent when they are onboard!), WRC on Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5 and PC looks to take things to a new level. It’ll give you the chance to get behind the wheel of the fastest WRC cars. All as you push them to their very limit over a series of courses and locales. WRC2 and Junior WRC options are also available, as unparalleled realism is promised.
Championships, time trials and a career make up the majority of EA Sports WRC. But there are also Moments; one off pieces of history in which you’ll get to prove your car handling skills are better than all others. With a dynamic handling system, pacce notes and more present, this is probably the WRC game you have been waiting for.
- MAKE YOUR OWN – Design and drive your dream rally car with the debut of Builder mode
- REWRITE HEADLINES – Race and overcome recent events alongside real-world highlights and nostalgic throwbacks in Moments mode
- DYNAMIC HANDLING SYSTEM – Codemasters’ renowned multi-surface handling model is improved for WRC. Tailor it to match your skill level and put it to the test on surface degradation
- IMMERSIVE – Revel in euphoric moments as you battle the elements across dirt, snow and asphalt in the pursuit of the perfect run
- AUTHENTICITY: Built on the foundations of over 25 years of rally-game heritage, drive the WRC, WRC2, and Junior WRC cars, with drivers, teams, and liveries from the 2023 season. Challenge yourself behind the wheel of the epic WRC cars and 70 historic vehicles.
- AROUND THE WORLD – From Monte Carlo and Portugal to Kenya and Japan, battle 17 current and former WRC locations with over 200 stages at launch
- THE COMPLETE EXPERIENCE – Career, Championship, Time Trial, Cross-platform Multiplayer, Regularity Rally, a detailed livery editor, and more
Hear from the devs and buy WRC
“From today, sim racing fans worldwide can experience all of the thrills, drama, and unpredictability of the most demanding motorsport on the planet,” said Ross Gowing, Senior Creative Director at Codemasters. “EA SPORTS WRC harnesses our 25 years of rally development experience and authentically recreates the intensity and exhilaration of rallying, now with the added power of the official WRC license. By working closely with all of our partners in the sport, we’ve ensured that EA SPORTS WRC is the ultimate sim experience, and it will keep players coming back for more.”
EA Sports WRC – or just straight up WRC if you prefer – is available right now. An Xbox Series X|S download can be gathered from the Xbox Store for £44.99. There’s the usual 10% discount if you have an EA Play sub too. Further to that is the £5.99 Season 1 VIP Rally Pass, adding in no less than fifteen exclusive unlockable items.
You’ll find WRC on PlayStation 5 and PC too.
Our review is fast racing towards your eyes.
WRC on Xbox Game Description
Build the car of your dreams in our biggest rally game ever, EA SPORTS™ WRC, the all-new official videogame of the FIA World Rally Championship, the first developed by the award-winning team behind the DiRT Rally series.