Got a friend or two who will be happy to join you in some cooperative dungeon crawling? Blightbound should well be the answer to your woes.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PC through Steam, Blightbound comes from the Devolver Digital team to deliver a multiplayer dungeon crawling experience through an ever-expanding list of handcrafted dungeons.
Priced at £16.74, Blightbound will allow you and a couple of mates the chance to head to a world that is in peril. You see, the Shadow Titan put up one hell of a struggle for control, defeated only by the most legendary warriors. The problem is, the Blight that flowed from the Titan’s broken husk threatens to turn any living creature that is exposed to the evil.
It’s here where you come in, leaving your mountain retreat in order to fight for what is right – attempting to put an end to the Blight once and for all. Blightbound will play host to this adventure, allowing you to go deep underground into handcrafted dungeons which forever change. With loot to grab, missions to complete and a hilltop refuge to take care of, your success will only be found by making the most of the skills and abilities that each of the heroes come with – and with more than 20 heroes in play, that’s a lot of skills and abilities.
Having sat in Steam early access for a year or so, it’s fair to say that Blightbound is a seriously good looking tale, one that utilises a mix of hand-painted chracters with 3D modeling and lighting effects. Whether that visual style helps translate into the gameplay too, we’ll only find out through our full review of Blightbound on Xbox.
Key features include:
- Blightbound is an ever expanding game with new dungeons to explore, new heroes to recover and use, and new loot to retrieve with planned free updates for the community.
- Collect over 20 unique heroes, each with their own skill set, passive abilities, and fully narrated story to complete.
- Hundreds of unique items to loot and craft to improve each hero and alter their repertoire of attacks and abilities.
- Build out your refuge atop the mountain by recruiting new artisans to craft more items, fulfill bounties, and training your heroes.
- Battle through three distinct lands, each with several dungeons to conquer, including the eerie Gravemark, the oppressive Underhold, and precarious Blood Ridge.
- Distinct class roles that reward team play and powerful ultimate abilites that charge from fulfilling your role. Block damage as a warrior, interrupt enemies as an assassin or heal your allies as a mage.
- Stunning mix of hand-painted characters and realtime 3D models and lighting effects.
If you fancy a bit of dungeon crawling and can usher in a mate or two for some tag team action, you’ll find Blightbound present on the stores of Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and PC through Steam.
The world lies in peril. Decades ago, a band of legendary warriors slayed the dreaded Shadow Titan after a long and ferocious struggle, but their celebration was short-lived. The Shadow Titan’s true intentions revealed themselves when from his broken husk flowed the Blight; a corrupting fog that alters any living creature exposed to its evil. Blightbound is a multiplayer dungeon crawler that tasks three heroes to venture down from their mountain refuge to face the abominations of the Blight – a mysterious and corrupting fog that enshrouds the land. Explore handcrafted dungeons, fight a terrifying cadre of mystical and monstrous enemies, grab valuable loot and recover fallen heroes to expand your roster of available warriors. Each player will fulfill a specific role on the team – warrior, assassin, or mage – to overcome colossual bosses and solve clever puzzles. Can you collect and complete all the challenges, and conquer the Blight once and for all?