Brutal souls-like combat, a treacherous kingdom to explore and a variety of attack styles to enjoy. There’s immediately much to love/hate about Tails of Iron. Throw in the fact that you get to play as Redgi the Rat though and it becomes all the more appealing.
Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC, Tails of Iron from Odd Bug Studio and United Label is a gorgeously crafted souls-like affair, one in which you’ll join the rat pack as they look to restore a broken kingdom, taking down the Frog Clan in the process.
It’s priced at £20.49 and sees you taking on the role of Redgi the Rat. From there a whole new world awaits, one in which you’ll be left to overcome your fears, rescue your rat brothers and restore your kingdom to former glories. With a variety of companions to take along for the ride, a host of weapons, armour, items and more to utilise and some utterly savage boss fights to help you prove your worth, Tails of Iron looks to have the lot.
The key features of this little tale include:
- • Master brutal combat, inspired by the souls-like genre, featuring dodge-rolls, parry bashes, and fatal executions!
- • Explore a vast and treacherous Kingdom, comprising six distinct biomes, each with its own hidden paths and secrets
- • Immerse yourself in the compelling story, narrated by the deep, raspy Doug Cockle
- • Customise your attack style with a vast array of distinct weapons and armour
- • Assemble a band of brave companions, ready to aid you on select missions
- • Complete side quests to earn additional gold-on-the-side
- • Unearth special blueprints to forge new and powerful weapons
- • Collect rare ingredients to cook up health-boosting feasts
- • Overcome savage boss fights against the Frog Clan’s deadly, oversized generals
- • Lose yourself in the gorgeous and lovingly-crafted 2D hand-drawn art style
We were immediately smitten by Tails of Iron when we first heard about the game earlier in the year, and so there’s great excitement and anticipation surrounding the release on Xbox, PlayStation, Switch and PC. If you wish to join us on this adventure, hit up the Xbox Store – or that of your choosing if you prefer to take the fight elsewhere – and prepare to embark on an adventure like no other. It’s optimised for the next-gen too.
Keep your eyes peeled for our full review of Tails of Iron on Xbox soon too.
Set in a grim land plagued by war, Tails of Iron is a hand-drawn RPG Adventure with punishingly brutal combat. As Redgi, heir to the Rat Throne, you must restore your broken Kingdom by banishing the merciless Frog Clan and their ferocious leader, Greenwart. As you explore the deceivingly charming world, you’ll encounter a cast of unique companions, ready to aid you in your adventure. And you’ll need all the help you can get, whether that’s new meal recipes, blueprints to forge deadly weapons and armour, or even a land-chugging, armour-plated mole mobile! Overcome your fears. Rescue your brothers. Restore Your Kingdom. Your tail has begun…