If you take your racing games seriously then you’ll quite possibly be interested to hear that Thrustmaster have today teamed up with Sparco to prepare for the launch of their latest high end racing wheel.
The TS-XW Racer Sparco P310 Competition Mod is the first racing wheel created in collaboration between Thrustmaster and Sparco. Set to please both Xbox One and PC fans, the racing wheel promises to take your racing experience to the next level.
The TS-XW Racer SPARCO P310 Competition Mod is a 1:1 scale replica of the real SPARCO P310 sports steering wheel. Coming in at 12.2 inches / 31 cm in diameter, the ergonomic shape has been specially designed for total efficiency, no matter what your racing style, circuit or car it’s being used for.
It offers a design honed for competition and to ensure that the wheel meets all the needs of competitive racing right out of the box, you’ll find that the central faceplate is crafted of metal, and the wheel itself is wrapped in genuine suede leather. It also features two large (5 inches / 13 cm tall) all-metal, adjustable wheel-mounted paddle shifters.
Ecosystem-ready, the wheel can easily be detached from the THRUSTMASTER TS-XW servo base thanks to the handy THRUSTMASTER Quick Release system and includes all the controls racing drivers could ever need. Expect to find 14 action buttons as well as a directional pad with a push button function. The angle of rotation can be adjusted from 270° all the way to 1080° too.
It also brings plenty of power and tech beneath the hood and the TS-XW Racer benefits from THRUSTMASTER’s advanced technologies developed specifically to create the most lifelike sensations possible. The wheel features a brand-new, built-in, 40-watt brushless servomotor, providing incredible velocity (dynamic torque) that when combined with controlled power, is able to support intensive use during long hours of e-racing competition without any decrease in performance. The new Motor Cooling Embedded system (which is patent pending) ensures that the motor always remains highly dynamic and responsive – thanks to a drastic reduction in terms of heating effects – while staying very quiet, so as not to disturb the driver’s immersion in races.
As you would expect, the wheel also includes all official Xbox One buttons, allowing for an easy switch between the game, system menus and those all-important social features.
Further key features include:
- THRUSTMASTER’s innovative new Field Oriented Control algorithm dynamically optimizes the wheel’s response to intense torque demands, while the proprietary H.E.A.R.T (HallEffect AccuRate Technology™) system provides razor-sharp 16-bit resolution (for a whopping 65,536 values)!
- Turbo Power – the external power supply specially developed by THRUSTMASTER – delivers constant power and massive peak power, instantly responding to ultra-fast requests from games. Its toroidal shape allows for optimized power efficiency of 86% (with just 14% heat generation), with a mind-blowing 400 watts of peak power!
- THRUSTMASTER’s use of a dual belt-pulley system with a metal ball-bearing axle gives the TS-XW Racer SPARCO P310 Competition Mod excellent smoothness and fluidity, all while remaining incredibly quiet.
- The TS-XW Racer SPARCO P310 Competition Mod even features internal memory to save the user’s settings, as well as upgradeable firmware so that the wheel can always take advantage of the very latest updates.
- The wheel’s clamping system has been designed to be both sturdy and versatile, for quick and easy attachment to any type of desk, table etc.
- Total control from your hands, down to the tips of your toes
- Thanks to the extensive use of metal parts (employed for the pedal heads, as well as the entire internal structure), the wheel’s pedal set ensures a rock-solid level of performance. The 3 pedals can also be fully adjusted, in terms of their height, spacing and inclination.
- In addition, the pedal set includes THRUSTMASTER’s unique and removable Conical Rubber Brake Mod: when installed, this mod provides ultra-progressive resistance at the end of the brake pedal’s travel.
The TS-XW Racer SPARCO P310 Competition Mod is compatible with the entire THRUSTMASTER racing product ecosystem, giving gamers the flexibility to equip themselves with all of the gear they need to win races.
The TS-XW Racer is an official product for both Xbox One® and Windows® 10. It is also compatible with Windows 8/7/Vista on PC: the wheel’s drivers are available for download free of charge (excluding any Internet connection costs) at https://support.thrustmaster.com.
As you would expect, all this tech comes at a price and the TS-XW Racer SPARCO P310 Competition Mod racing wheel will be available from September 2017, with a suggested retail price of, wait for it… €699.99.
Best get saving huh!?!