The grandest of Grand Tours rolls out as Tour de France 2020 comes to Xbox One and PS4 alongside the chance for gamers to test their management skills with Pro Cycling Manager 2020 on PC.
- Tour de France 2015 Review
- Tour de France 2016 Review
- Tour de France 2017 Review
- Tour de France 2018 Review
- Tour de France 2019 Review
For years cyclists have wanted one thing – a decent simulation of the biggest and best bike race the world has ever known. And with Tour de France 2020, NACON and Cyanide are attempting to deliver it. Available to purchase and download right now on Xbox One and PS4 (with a PC launch occurring in August), Tour de France 2020 is the latest in the franchise to let gamers grab their lycra, don their helmets and sit astride some of the best machines from the world of cycling, replicating the most famous Grand Tour in the process.
Tour de France 2020 will set you back a rather hefty £44.99, but should you be a bike fan who just needs to get hands on with the yellow jersey, then that is a small price to pay. Covering all 21 stages of the official Tour de France 2020 – at least it does if the real world event ever goes ahead – TDF 2020 will let you hone your bike skills like never before, allowing you to attack on the climbs, sit in the peloton to conserve energy, and then to go all out in the madness of the sprint.
This year’s edition of the bike racing spectacular promises to deliver a more realistic peloton, an improved race interface and enhancements to the online matchmaking system. Further to that, those who enjoy time trialling will discover a redesign in the way this works, whilst the classic Liège-Bastogne-Liège race is in hand for the first time. The inclusion of a Pro Leader mode that lets you develop specific skills across the course of a season, and a new on-bike first-person camera view should just enhance the overall spectacle.
- • All 21 official stages of the Tour de France 2020
- • The classic Liège-Bastogne-Liège race for the first time in Tour de France
- • Redesigned, more realistic time-trials. You must manage your stamina and riding position to improve your aerodynamics and achieve the best time
- • New first-person camera for greater immersion
- • More attacking and opportunistic peloton
- • Improved race interface with more details about your surroundings (competitors, route, descents, etc.)
- • Online mode: redesigned matchmaking system
Sitting alongside Tour de France 2020 for Xbox One and PS4 is also the PC version of Pro Cycling Manager 2020. This promises to let you go deeper still into the competition, working through an extensive career mode, more than 230 races and over 650 stages in order to prove yourself as the best team manager the world has ever known.
Our full review of Tour de France 2020 on Xbox One is coming your way real soon. Keep an eye out for it. In the meantime, if you wish to get access to a download of the game for yourself then the Xbox Store and PlayStation Store will sort you out.
Experience the intensity of the Tour de France! Compete against the peloton in all 21 official stages of the Tour de France 2020. To wear the yellow jersey on the Champs-Elysées, you will need to take risks, attack, sprint and perfect your race tactics.