First launched in 2002 on PC, Xbox and Wii, Enclave HD is being brought right up to date, upgraded and delivered to Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4 and Nintendo Switch.
Due to launch in summer 2022, some twenty years on from the original release, Enclave HD is an action-RPG that has already got more than 25 million sold copies under the belt. It’s being delivered to modern consoles via the Ziggurat Interactive team (they behind the recent drop of BloodRayne: ReVamped) and will ensure modern day players get the chance to experience the dungeon-filled, medieval adventure.
The updated version will feature upgraded visuals, music tracks new to this version of the game, and more.
So what exactly is Enclave HD? Well, it’s been a thousand years which have passed since the high wizard Zale saved the people of Celenheim from the brink of defeat at the hands of the evil armies of Dreg’Atar by creating a massive rift to permanently separate the forces of good and evil. Now the rift is closing and it is up to an unlikely hero to rise up and fight. But will this aspiring adventurer succeed in their quest to fight for the Light and slay the demon king Vatar, or will they serve the Dark and take Celenheim for the forces of evil?
It plays out as a third-person action-RPG with intense medieval combat, an epic soundtrack, and two separate story-driven campaigns which have the player fighting for the forces of Light or Darkness. Each faction offers six distinct character options – Knights, Wizards, and Druids on the side of Light, or servants of the Darkness like Berserkers, Assassins, and Goblins. From there, expect to be found wielding swords, throwing out magic, and aiming bows to wage war on your enemies and decide Celenheim’s future.
Set for a Summer 2022 release on PS4, Switch, and Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, Enclave HD will include the following key features:
- Immersive, fast-paced feudal-era combat
- A massive narrative scope, including two distinct campaigns with alternate endings
- More than 25 unique missions, plus additional bonus content
- 12 diverse unlockable characters, each blending elements of traditional character classes in a one-of-a-kind way
- Challenging boss opponents, each requiring different tactics to defeat
- An interactive gameplay tutorial that gets you into the action fast
- Three different difficulty settings provide the right level of challenge for any player
- A plethora of varied weapons, collectible objects, consumables, and magic items
- Surprises around every corner with dozens of scripted event triggers to keep you on your toes
- Captivating soundtrack paired perfectly with atmospheric sound effects
Will you be looking to join this adventure? Let us know your thoughts by heading down into the comments.