Always wanted to build your own house but just haven’t had the means to do so? When Dreamhouse – The Game hits both current and next-gen platforms, your dreams will start to become true. And with Unreal Engine 5 powering things along, you should expect a whole host of options made available – photorealistic visuals and physics based destruction for starters.
In creation by DeSand Game Studios, Dreamhouse – The Game will come to PC, VR, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation, allowing gamers and house builders the world over to build their dream homes. With features including multiplayer opportunities, online co-op, and photo modes, VR support, photorealistic graphics, and a physics-based destruction model, there will quite possibly be nothing to stop you – except for perhaps your own imagination.
Powered by Unreal Engine 5, Dreamhouse: The Game will see you becoming a novice construction engineer, albeit one with one big dream: to earn enough money to build your dream house with your own hands. From the green shoots of starting your own company and accepting all sorts of orders, from general ruined property renovations to levelling undeveloped land and house foundation excavation, Dreamhouse – The Game will provide you with many projects. These may range from constructing a small hut in the forest to a real hacienda on a sandy beach, and by working the lower levels, once you have earned enough funds and experience, you will finally have the chance to build your very own home from scratch.
Key features of Dreamhouse – The Game include:
- Single-player, multiplayer, and online co-op modes – Cooperate with your friends or compete against them online. Boast about your designs and compare them with others on the leaderboards.
- VR support – Fully immerse yourself in the world of Dreamhouse: The Game and look at your interior design from an entirely new perspective.
- Photo mode – Build your home, photograph it, create a making-of album or film, and share it with others via the in-game social sharing feature.
- A game that merges with reality – Import real objects into the game or export your designs to use them in real life.
- Interior and exterior design features – Once your home is done, don’t forget to design its surroundings. Set stones in a forest, place lanterns in a town, build fences in a village, or plant some trees to add shade at the beach.
- Photorealistic graphics – These will better showcase the character of your designs.
- Advanced AI – Specialized algorithms will rate your style, cost, speed, and accuracy to ensure your actions meet every building standard.
- An experience suited for gamers of all levels – Whether you’re a beginner or an expert in the genre, Dreamhouse: The Game will offer the challenge that’s right for you.
- A physics-based destruction model – Or, as we like to call it, “chaos technology,” meaning that everything built can also be destroyed.
We’ll be sure to keep you up-to-date with developmental progress behind Dreamhouse – The Game and arrival on PC via Steam, VR, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation. For now though, hit up the announcement trailer below. If it turns out to be anything like the super addictive House Flipper, this is one dream project we’ll be delighted to immerse ourselves in.