If you’ve been gaming for a number of years, then chances are you would have stumbled across a VooFoo Studios game. With their ‘Pure’ series of games wowing gamers from across the formats, and then the superb Mantis Burn Racing arriving on the latest consoles a few months back, their pedigree has never been in question. And that’s perhaps how and why they are able to celebrate being in the business for 10 years, in which time they’ve garnered more than 5.5 million downloads.
Celebrating their 10th birthday, VooFoo have revealed that the like of Pure Chess, Pure Pool, Pure Hold’em, Big Sky Infinity and most recently top-down racer, Mantis Burn Racing have help them over the 5.5 million download mark. With more games in the pipeline, you can be sure that number will just continue to grow as well…not bad for a team that started out in 2007 as just a small 3-man team.
Technology Director and owner of VooFoo Studios, Mark Williams, is delighted to have reached such a prestigious milestone, “For a small indie studio to be celebrating our 10th anniversary and over 5M downloads in such a notoriously unpredictable industry is something we can all be immensely proud of. It’s testament to the hard work, determination and talent of the team and I want to thank everyone who has contributed to all of our achievements over the past 10 years. With our move into publishing, work underway on a new owned IP and exciting plans for Mantis Burn Racing®, the future’s never looked brighter for the studio – here’s to the next 10 years!”
VooFoo Studios’ key milestones and achievements:
- 2007 – Formed by Mark Williams, ex Rage and Juiced Games.
- 2009 – Hustle Kings (PS3/PS Vita) earns VooFoo two Develop Award nominations.
- 2012/15 – The VooFoo developed ‘Pure’ series of games release to worldwide critical acclaim, selling millions of copies globally.
- 2012 – Twin-stick shooter, Big Sky Infinity, wins Pocket Gamer’s ‘Gold Award’ (PS Vita).
- 2016 – VooFoo self-publishes their first owned IP, Mantis Burn Racing®, gaining a TIGA award nomination for best racing game.
- July 2017 – VooFoo celebrate 10 years in the games industry, announcing over 5.5M downloads across all games to date.
- 2017 – Work underway on a number of unannounced projects including a new owned IP.