Did you love the bird-themed card building of Wingspan when it launched on Xbox back in June 2021? Well, you’re going to love the European Expansion, for it builds on the already brilliant game with a host of new birds, new strategies and new landscapes.
Available today to add on to your existing Wingspan base game, the European Expansion DLC will be able to deliver new challenges and the opportunity to take in new goals, as you work your way through additional regions and bird types.
It’s priced at £8.39 from the Xbox Store and is pretty much a perfect complementary piece to the original video game version of Wingspan; whether that be due to the new mechanics and ideas, or the chance to just kick back with some relaxing vibes.
The additional features that Wingspan’s European Expansion brings, include:
- New birds, new powers. – With a new region comes a larger pool of birds to discover. Each is accompanied by a recording of its bird call. European birds also have a set of new and diverse abilities – use end-of-round powers, pick up food from opponents, occupy two slots with one card, and more!
- Achieve goals and attempt new strategies. – The pool of round goals will be expanded with brand-new ones that add variety to the gameplay, shifting the balance. Be smart and use the available resources to your advantage. Explore new ways to win!
- Experience the beauty of European landscapes. – Wingspan: European Expansion will show you beautiful, picturesque backgrounds inspired by the continent’s landscapes. You’ll be able to admire Dutch tulips in full bloom as well as the atmosphere of Eastern European blocks.
- Immerse yourself in relaxing music. – Let yourself be carried away by an original soundtrack from Pawel Gorniak, who composed music in Wingspan. Pleasant, relaxing pieces inspired by classical European string music will help you stay calm and focused during even the most demanding rounds.
- Enjoy all the features from the base version of the game. – With Wingspan: European Expansion, you won’t lose any of the features present in the base version of the game. You’ll be able to play cross-platform multiplayer with friends and strangers from different platforms. For those who like to test their skills, there will still be an Automated mode and weekly challenges, now with additional goals and bonus cards.
Wingspan as a game is available to play on Xbox, Nintendo Switch, PC (Steam) and mobile, with the European Expansion also present on those formats. Grab the download you need from the Xbox Store if you’re an Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S player. And if you don’t yet have the base game, then there’s the Wingspan + European Expansion for £22.49, or the Wingspan + European Expansion + Seasonal Decorative Pack for £26.24 – that brings about all the content you could ever want.
Hold tight for a review – we’re currently hands on and will let you know how the European Expansion plays real soon.