One of the most interesting titles that we’ve heard about recently is most definitely that of Oxenfree. Today, the developers have confirmed its Xbox One and Windows 10 release date window.
Night School Studio have confirmed that Oxenfree a supernatural teen thriller about a group of friends, a group of friends who unwittingly open a ghostly rift and then attempt to survive the horrors from within, will release on both Xbox One and Windows 10 come January 2016. Whilst the exact date is still up in the air, we’re happy to see it definitely arriving soon.
Sean Krankel, cofounder of Night School Studio said: “Our team builds games that let players interact with stories in ways. In Oxenfree’s case, that is a story filled with wonder and danger. Microsoft’s commitment to curating and nurturing the most exciting new game worlds and then delivering them to millions of players make them the perfect partner to help bring Oxenfree to life.”
Oxenfree will feature:
- An intelligent conversation system that changes the story and your relationships based on every decision
- A unique radio mechanic that allows Alex to communicate with mysterious spectres and manipulate her world
- Art from Disney alum and an original soundtrack by scntfc (Sword & Sworcery, Galak-Z)
- Multiple mysteries to unravel, spanning decades and lifetimes
- Inspired by little-known events of World War II, such as the actual Japanese submarine bombing of an Oregon baseball field
- Featuring voice talent from The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, Borderlands and more
As soon as details of the confirmed date drop, we’ll let you know. For now though, the screens below should suffice.