Looking for action-RPG mechanics? Need some humour thrown in? Want to constantly break the fourth wall? It’s time to become the Evil Wizard.
Evil Wizard is a humour-filled action-RPG that has launched on Xbox today, playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, fully optimised for new-gen. Price wise it hits with a £16.74 cost in tow, discounted for a launch period if you’re quick. If you prefer, a PC launch via Steam is also present with other consoles to follow.
What is Evil Wizard on Xbox?
Evil Wizard comes about via the Rubber Duck Games and E-Home Entertainment teams. It’s a comedic affair that will have you smiling from ear-to-ear, as you take on the role of the Evil Wizard. Featuring action-RPG and Metroidvania elements, working your way through a pixel-arted land is your main task.
Fighting away in hope of rediscovering powers and taking back control of your own castle, Evil Wizard is a bit of a joy. It allows for spell-casting, of taking in swift combat and of focus on boss fights. And it works too, with our full review of Evil Wizard on Xbox Series X|S taking home a 4/5 review score. We urge you to read that prior to taking in a download, as we talk you through how ‘Evil Wizard takes twisted humour and easy to learn mechanics to craft a Metroidvania, action-RPG that you should take the time to play‘.
How does Evil Wizard work?
The key features that keep Evil Wizard moving run as follows…
- ● A quest fueled by revenge- Face off against hordes of enemies, avoid deadly traps, and solve challenging puzzles as you reclaim the halls of your castle from the heroes that now live within it!
- ● Metroidvania-inspired Design – Explore carefully-crafted locations and navigate intricate levels. Use your skills and elements to interact with the in-game world and unlock new paths.
- ● High-Paced Skill-based Combat – Deal devastating melee blows, unlock earth-shattering spells and dash around the map to crush your foes. You’ll be in full control of every battle!
- ● Elements and forces To Master – Control the power of fire, ice, void, lightning, and earth. Mix various elements to unleash devastating attacks and exploit your enemies’ weaknesses!
- ● Unique Enemies and Boss Fights – Fine-tune your character to defeat increasingly more challenging enemies. Choose among dozens of upgrades as you get ready to vanquish an array of bosses, each with their own skills and combat style!
How you can play
Evil Wizard is downloadable and playable on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S (optimised) via the Xbox Store. It comes with Xbox Smart Delivery too, meaning you’ll be playing the best version of the game no matter what your console. Just head to the Evil Wizard Store Page, pay up the £16.74 asking price and prepare for a fight.
“There are songs that still tell the tale of the heroes’ most daring deeds. After a long battle against the Evil Wizard, the castle he called home was sieged and swarmed and the wretchful minions that served him for generations were slain by the dozens. While the corrupt villain himself managed to escape, the day marked an amazing victory for the forces of good…” Or did it, really?! Evil Wizard is a humor-filled action RPG featuring metroidvania elements and carefully crafted pixel-art environments. As a defeated villain who barely survived a tough fight, you’ll have to face an army of so-called heroes to recover what’s rightfully yours. Rediscover your powers, infiltrate your own castle, unleash devastating spells, and purge your ancestral home of these miserable excuses for an enemy. Are you ready to get your hands dirty? It’s time to be the bad guy for a change!