It’s time for you to play god once again, as you oversee a little tribal community, growing into the biggest, toughest crew the quaint world in As Far As The Eye has ever seen!
Releasing today on Xbox and PlayStation, following some decent reception over on the PC and Switch side of things, As Far As The Eye is a procedurally generated turn-based city builder, in which you play the role of the wind, guiding the Pupils – a tribe that is attempting to reach the centre of the world, all whilst defending itself against an encroaching sea.
As with every great city builder, such as the likes of Aven Colony, you’ll be needing to keep a close eye on your resource levels in order to feed your folk, construct new buildings, and most importantly progress towards the centre of the world. Each pupil in your community can also employ themselves into a new job role, diversifying your group and having populations devoted to different areas of the tribe. For example, training up a few Gatherers will be essential if you are to sustain yourself.
The implementation of a roguelike system makes every playthrough unique, as you can unlock new rewards and get involved with new stories, slowly uncovering the mystery behind this strange and holy world with each and every playthrough.
Players will have the following features to look forward to:
- Embark on a journey:
- Plan the best path for your tribe to take in order to go as far as the Eye.
- Play the campaign to learn about A FATE’s traditions and legends.
- Explore, analyze and search places of interest for long-lost treasures on a procedurally generated journey.
- Harvest, build, stock, and leave your halt before the wave engulfs your tribe.
- Manage your tribe:
- Improve your pupils through the job system, your buildings through the improvement system and your whole tribe through Tribe’s Knowledge.
- Survive dire conditions and protect the Pupils against random events.
- Meet allies, negotiate for resources, recruit new Pupils and more!
- Make offerings in Sacred Sites or plunder them, but never forget you’ll have to bear the consequences of your actions.
- Immerse into charming strategy:
- Live a peaceful adventure as there are no enemies in As Far As The Eye.
- Unlock new tribes and new regions and relive a new adventure each time thanks to our Roguelike tribe system.
- Tune your play session with game modifiers such as game duration, halt size, resources generation and more.
- Earn rewards and unlock new stories and fates by reaching the Eye with as many Pupils as you can.
If As Far As The Eye is the game for you, then don’t hesitate and pick up a copy on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation, PC (via Steam) or Switch. For Xbox platforms, the Xbox Store has you covered for £20.99.
As Far As The Eye is a nomadic turn-based city builder. Begin a procedurally generated journey and survive halt after halt, as far as the Eye. You play as the wind guiding the Pupils, a tribe that must reach the center of the world. You’ll have to manage their resources, their buildings, and their lives. Help them grow wiser through agriculture, crafting, scientific and mystical research before the world is submerged. Be careful though, you have to manage your tribe perfectly and make sure they’re not starving or taken by surprise by the waters. Wake up, swell up and get up, Sigh. It is time to bring back to me the Pupils scattered throughout the world and to guide them. Do not worry, they will recognize you as soon as they feel your breath on their faces, as soon as they see their woolen clothes spinning, they will understand because they are waiting for you. Caress their feet, carry their bodies, lift their spirit and instill hope and perseverance in them. Do not skimp on the gusts that will make them realize that the road is long and that it must continue, always, As Far As I.