After a year in Early Access on Steam, Starsand starts to test the survival skills of players across the board, releasing in full on Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC.
A serious adventure awaits as Starsand breaks out of Early Access to launch in 1.0 across Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, PS5, Nintendo Switch and PC, throwing you into a world that is seemingly bereft of any form of civilisation. From there it’s up to you to fight your way across the sandy dunes, looking out for water, for food, and for hope.
The problem is, as with most survival affairs, Starsand is a game that is full of danger and hiding away under the grain are many a secret, mysteries and peculiarities. The only way to survive will be to create a base for yourself, a place to call home, slowly and surely dipping your toe into the heat in hope of discovering more.
Starsand is a game of hope, of luck and of effort and by combining the three you’ll find a world that can fast become home. The problem is, you’ll need to use all your skills in order to defy the dangers that it holds.
The key features of Starsand as a whole, as it breaks out of Early Access and into full release include:
- Open world – Starsand is a desert survival game that will take you to an open world that looks like Earth but feels much different. Dangers, mysteries and puzzles await you! Find out what exactly happened, where you are and what connects you to the history of an extinct civilization. Will you manage to survive in the inhospitable environment, find answers and find your way back to your old life?
- Explore an arcane desert – Find shade, find water, find life. Use your energy wisely, avoid too much effort in the heat, keep warm in the coldest nights. You must keep your wits to survive.
- Hunt, craft, build – Hunt for food, make weapons, build a shelter. Secure your shelter – the dunes are teeming with scary creatures.
- Defend your base – In this desert you are both a hunter and prey. Insect-like predators come out of their dark nests, always looking for food. Protect yourself with fire, blow up enemies with explosive coconut grenades, secure your base and do whatever it takes to survive.
- Tame the environment – Find your way in the vast and lonely desert, orient yourself in sandstorms and mark your path. Thirst and heat become an invincible enemy during the day – cold endangers you during the night. Learn to live with adversity, see the beauty that the world holds, and learn from the animals and nature!
We’ll be traversing the lands in the coming hours, days and weeks, pushing out a review of Starsand on Xbox Series X|S as we do so. If you wish to join us in this world, pick up a copy of the game for yourself by visiting the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S. It’s on PlayStation, Nintendo Switch and PC through Steam too.
Your day started as planned. Motivated and full of ambition you started the run of your life, in the middle of the desert, surrounded by like-minded people. The months of hard training should finally bear fruit. Suddenly, you were caught in a monstrous sandstorm and now you find yourself alone in an inhospitable, hot environment. Deserted and merciless, an ocean of sand stretches to the horizon. You feel the scorching heat on your skin, sand blowing right at your face, far and wide only vast desert … but wait, what is that? Something is moving in the far distance. What happened? Your first thought: Survival. Your second thought: Rescue will surely come. The bitter realization: No one will come, you are completely on your own. The big question: Where are you and why are there two moons in the night sky?