As has become customary to FIFA players over the years, every Wednesday at 6pm (UK time) we are treated to some brand new cards in FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT). Rewarded for their performances in real-world matches as of late, a squad of players have special in-form cards bestowed upon them, with boosted stats. This squad is the Team of the Week (TOTW), and in its 16th edition in FIFA 22, let’s see who made the cut.
Well, the stand-out stars this time around just have to be Chelsea’s long-standing midfield maestro N’Golo Kanté, and the Stockport Iniesta himself, Manchester City’s Phil Foden. As for Mr. Kanté, the World Cup and Champions League winner may not have scored any goals as of late, but has played a key role in critical matches, such as the recent 2-2 draw against Liverpool to ensure the Blues are still in the Premier League title race. It’s actually the second week in a row that a Chelsea player has made it into the TOTW – last week saw the man of the moment Romelu Lukaku enter the fray.
As for Phil Foden, and there’s really nothing the youngster cannot do at the moment. His winner against Brentford recently is likely the main reason for his inclusion in the squad this time around. He too forms part of a Premier League heavy TOTW, with West Ham’s Jarrod Bowen, Tottenham’s Davinson Sanchez and Southampton’s keeper Fraser Forster also in the limelight. Two TOTWs in a row for Southampton Football Club? You must be having a laugh!
Read on for the full line-up for this edition of TOTW:
- GK: Kasper Schmeichel (86) – Leicester City
- CB: Piqué (86) – FC Barcelona
- CB: Davinson Sánchez (84) – Tottenham Hotspur
- CB: Pau Torres (84) – Villarreal CF
- CM: N’Golo Kanté (92) – Chelsea
- CM: Éver Banega (84) – Al Shabab
- CM: João Moutinho (83) – Wolverhampton Wanderers
- LM: Adnan Januzaj (84) – Real Sociedad
- LW: Phil Foden (87) – Manchester City
- ST: Ángel Correa (85) – Atlético Madrid
- ST: Iago Aspas (87) – RC Celta
- GK: Fraser Forster (81) – Southampton
- RM: Jarrod Bowen (82) – West Ham United
- ST: Paulinho (82) – Sporting CP
- ST: Enes Ünal (81) – Getafe CF
- LM: Alexis Mac Allister (81) – Brighton & Hove Albion
- CM: Aaron Mooy (81) – Shanghai SIPG FC
- RWB: Stuart Dallas (81) – Leeds United
- ST: Sancet (79) – Athletic Club
- LM: Craig Goodwin (79) – Adelaide United
- RM: Andreas Weimann (78) – Bristol City
- ST: Ross Stewart (75) – Sunderland
- ST: Harry McKirdy (72) – Swindon Town
For us, it might just be the Spanish duo of Adnan Januzaj and Iago Aspas that are on our wishlist to get in packs this week, but who do you most want to add to your team? Let us know in the comments below and on our social media channels. And remember, these items are only available in packs until Wednesday 12th January, at 6pm UK time.
Looking to start 2022 off right with a copy of FIFA 22 for yourself? Make sure you first read our full review of the game, and then head over to the Xbox Store if you are buying on Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One. FIFA 22 is also available on PS5, PS4, PC, Switch and Stadia.
Thank you to Fifplay for the player lists.