A fan of Cyanide & Happiness? You’ll find that Freakpocalypse (Episode 1) is now available on Xbox and PlayStation.
Present and correct from the usual digital stores, Cyanide & Happiness – Freakpocalypse (Episode 1) hits Xbox and PlayStation after a Steam launch which has had the community split.
A point-and-click adventure in which you play as a weird ginger orphan – Coop McCarthy – Cyanide & Happiness – Freakpocalypse (Episode 1) will see you attempting to make the world a better place. The problem? Well, no one likes you – at all – and so you’ll need to attempt everything and anything you can in order to change that tide.
Set in the Cyanide & Happiness universe (obviously!), Episode One of Freakpocalypse will deliver exactly what you would expect of a game with the background this has. Freaks will be fully-voiced, as will your friends, and there will also be the chance to take in some lovely animated shorts as you go about your business.
With the art style that stays true to the source material along with catchy musical tracks to help bring the adventure to life, there’s obviously a host of things to love about Cyanide & Happiness – Freakpocalypse (Episode 1) and it’s arrival on Xbox and PlayStation.
Key features include:
- This game is part 1 of Coop’s trilogy of tragedy: • In this point-and-click adventure, control Coop in his quest to be the hero he always wanted to be by helping the people of Netherton! Talk to, touch, and look at everything in your environment! That sexy looking clock? Ask it to prom! That rotting piece of fruit? Touch it!
- Jump into the Cyanide & Happiness universe: • Did we mention the sheer amount of fully-voiced freaks and friends you’ll see from some of your favorite animated shorts? Feast your eyes on familiar faces as you fetch, find and frolic through your environment! Meet famous folks like Ted Bear, Shark Dad, Señor Cleanfist, and more!
- Help with a wide variety of side quests: • The citizens of Netherton need help. Like, a LOT of help. Fortunately(?) for them, there’s Coop! Enjoy the full gameplay experience by finding dangerous markers, buying frozen drinks, and trying to make people less miserable! (Or at least hate you less)
- Discover a plethora of costumes, easter eggs, and secrets: • Netherton is… Charming, if you look in the right places! Explore the town and discover a ton of different clothes, easter eggs and hidden details while you avoid death to freaks and bullies! Unlock special achievements for how good (or bad) you are at exploration!
- Enjoy the hallmark Explosm style: • True to the signature art style, Freakpocalypse includes animated shorts that’ll bring you right back to the cartoon series that started it all! On top of that, listen to a set of catchy, original tracks that give life (or death) to your atmosphere! • Coop’s main storyline can be completed in just a few hours, but if you explore more and see all of Netherton, it can take much more than that, even days!
Sold on this little tale? You’ll find Cyanide & Happiness – Freakpocalypse (Episode 1) available on the Xbox Store for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S for £16.74, with a similar price on PlayStation.
Keep an eye out for a full review from us at some point soon.
You are a weird, unpopular, ginger-headed orphan, and it’s time to save the world. You play as Coop “Go Away, Weirdo” McCarthy and all you want to do is make the world a better place. The trouble is: Nobody likes you, school sucks, you can’t find a prom date, everybody bullies you (including your teachers), and your attempts to help only make things worse. Will you escape high school alive? Who will love you? Do you even deserve love? Why is this game called Freakpocalypse? Find the answers to these questions and more by looking at, talking to, and touching everything within the Cyanide & Happiness universe.