What are you doing next Valentine’s Day? How about settling down with your loved one for a bit of cooperative action with Degrees of Separation?
Modus Games and the development team at Moondrop have today announced that their 2D co-op puzzle platformer, Degrees of Separation will be hitting Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch and PC come February 14th 2019.
A perfect platformer for either solo or cooperative players alike, Degrees of Separation will see you mastering the powers of hot and cold in a dual experience that has been scripted by renowned fantasy writer and Obsidian Entertainment alum Chris Avellone – he of previous work on Planescape: Torment, Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance, and Neverwinter Nights 2.
Degrees of Separation features a pair of protagonists, Ember and Rime, each of whom have the power to manipulate heat or cold. It will therefore be up to you (and a mate should you so wish), to learn how to master their respective temperatures as these two unlikely individuals grow ever closer. It promises to tackle themes of closeness and separation, as you get to explore a gorgeously realised non-linear world that encourages experimentation and interaction with the environment around. You’ll need to make use of Ember and Rime’s polar opposite skill-sets, all while seeking a common goal.
See, while Ember may cause a nearby river to melt, Rime can freeze it over just as easily and it will be by leveraging their unique talents and bringing together the two opposing forces where this atmospheric puzzle adventure will weave together – gameplay, narrative, and character development mixing for a powerful emotional experience.
Game Features Include:
- 2D Adventure Platforming. Experience beautifully crafted 2D worlds with a deeply immersive art style based on the aspects of contrasting temperatures.
- Innovative Storytelling. Discover the potential of dual protagonists Ember and Rime and follow a complex story by acclaimed video game writer Chris Avellone.
- Environmental Puzzles. Navigate distinct worlds and solve complex puzzles to organically alter situations and surroundings.
- Cooperative Gameplay. Harness the powers of Ember and Rime in both single-player and cooperative multiplayer to interact with the environment in a variety of ways, both separately and as a team.
- Non-Linear Levels. Traverse through diverse landscapes that each introduce a new game mechanic, weaving together gameplay, narrative, and character progression.
Degrees of Separation arrives on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PS4 and Steam on February 14th 2019. It promises to come with a £15.99 price tag attached.
Will you be checking it out? Let us know!