Yep you’re right, that’s no moon, that’s a Space Prison… and The Escapists 2 is heading towards the stars!
The latest trailer for The Escapists 2 has today released and showcases the U.S.S Anomaly, the new home for interstellar inmates. The Anomaly has been designed to solve the problem of Earth’s overcrowded prisons, and will prove to be the ultimate test of your escaping prowess. This floating fortress is complete with robotic guards, robotic dogs, jet packs, shuttles and an A.I Warden. The great thing is that in space, no one can hear you escape!
But even then, the escape isn’t easy as The Escapists 2 will see you having to keep to strict prison schedules and avoiding the unwanted attention of guards. Full drop in/drop out multiplayer options will be available for both online and local play, and you’ll need to make the most of it as you craft weapons and tools found (or stolen) from within the prison, get yourself a job or perform “favours” for your fellow inmates to purchase vital supplies, all while scouting escape routes.
The key features of The Escapists 2 are:
- A dedicated tutorial for new players to learn the basics of prison life
- 10 unique themed prisons to escape from including the frosty Fort Tundra, a train hurtling through the desert, and even a trip to the final frontier!
- Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players*
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- A brand-new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
- Create your con with over 300 customisations to create your perfect prisoner
- New ways to escape
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!
You can view the multiplayer trailer below. It should just about tide you over till the release of Mouldy Toof and Team17’s prison-escape game on Xbox One, PS4 and PC come the 22nd August 2017. If you’re a Nintendo Switch player than you’ll just have to wait a little longer.